'Hard Times of RJ Berger' Star

I'm Gay ... Sorta

4/11/2012 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Paul Iacono
The guy who played exceptionally well-hung high school nerd R.J. Berger on the MTV show "Hard Times of R.J. Berger" just revealed he's gay ... but admits he's still attracted to women.

23-year-old Paul Iacono just came out publicly to "The Village Voice" ... saying, "I think it's the right time to say something."

Iacono explains, "I grew up in a really old-school Italian traditional family in New Jersey. I tried coming out a couple of times as a kid, from 13-14 on, and was always squashed on."

He adds, "I was just coming to terms with the fact that I was bisexual, which culturally I do identify with as a gay man -- I am attracted to girls, I'm just attracted to guys much more."

"It was not until I was 18 that I came out with my mom and 20 with my dad. I was older and able to address it from a different perspective."

Paul also says part of the reason he came out publicly was to be a role model to kids so they "won't have to grow up and be afraid of their sexuality."

0411_out_footer

itsnoise

"but he still likes women" Lol!!!

superbadnerves1

umm who cares dont know who he is and he is a skinny white boy so blah blah

JOHN

f```k, me, I WOULD HAVE NEVER FIGURED THAT IN A MILLION DWEEB-YEARS, I`M BROKEN, JUST F``IN, SHOOK, TO THE BONE!!!!

kronenburg

Don't know who he is, but good for him! I have much more respect for people like this kid than I do for the likes of Travolta and Cruise who hide behind their beards.

harv

Who ever this is- all the poor thing had to do was look in the mirror. He has Gay written all over his face...

firebaby

who cares???

oops, i meant to say, who???

Lisa

The ever-so-homosexual Truman Capote once said, "A bisexual is a ***got who once stuck it into a woman."

dumcelebs

What a confused idiot..Come on.. decide... All these tricks to become famous..

CoconutScrimp

He's a nobody trying to ressurect his career by coming out as gay...sorta.

It is the right time to come out. He's career isn't going anywhere and he needs a boost.

LoudMouth

I wish for the day when people will quit thinking that we need to know a single thing about their sexual preferences. I have not, do not and will not give a rats behind who or what anyone wants to sleep with.

THIN LIZZY

That show was the greatest!!

Ball`s has no Ball`s

LAME,how gay of him/her

Mark

Who cares?

NobodySpecial

"just revealed he's gay ... but admits he's still attracted to women. "

Sorry, it won't work. From this point on you are gay to hollywood. I don't make the rules. Good luck.

Smooch

Great. Another "role model."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments