'Hard Times of RJ Berger' Star

I'm Gay ... Sorta

4/11/2012 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Paul Iacono
The guy who played exceptionally well-hung high school nerd R.J. Berger on the MTV show "Hard Times of R.J. Berger" just revealed he's gay ... but admits he's still attracted to women.

23-year-old Paul Iacono just came out publicly to "The Village Voice" ... saying, "I think it's the right time to say something."

Iacono explains, "I grew up in a really old-school Italian traditional family in New Jersey. I tried coming out a couple of times as a kid, from 13-14 on, and was always squashed on."

He adds, "I was just coming to terms with the fact that I was bisexual, which culturally I do identify with as a gay man -- I am attracted to girls, I'm just attracted to guys much more."

"It was not until I was 18 that I came out with my mom and 20 with my dad. I was older and able to address it from a different perspective."

Paul also says part of the reason he came out publicly was to be a role model to kids so they "won't have to grow up and be afraid of their sexuality."

0411_out_footer

R

Looks a little like Kristen Stewart.

Geeker

I think they still call that 'bi-sexual' dont they?

mike holly

did someone not know he was gay?

CC

So what Mr. homosexual is saying is nothing different from any other homosexual which is - he'll do anything with 2 legs regardless of gender and probably doesn't even are if it's human. So what....
I've always said the homosexual is a myth, there is no such thing. There is however a group of people who lack any moral character and will engage in sex acts with whatever happens along. Technically they're bi-sexuals, not homosexual.

elysummers

Mambo Italiano anyone?

Bud

You either put in your mouth...or you don't. No middle road here, folks.

CLINT

Being gay is now the in thing to be because it is now so widely accepted. This kid probably will be as big as Ryan Seacrest just because he came out.

buzz kill

So he wants to be a roll model. Are you sh*ting me! There is nothing normal about being a limp wristed pansy. Get back in the closet and stop trying to confuse other young men.

boricua4669

Good for him ! Now he's free ....

Cj

Ha woow 98% of the commenters here are some homophobic *******s. Ridiculous. ANYWAY i'm glad he came out. Kids do need to know it's ok to be who you are. Proud of you Paul!

Bud

Once a "Tea-bagger" always a Tea-bagger.

LittleJoe

Who cares about sexual orientation today?
DO NOT USE IT to promote a sucked career!

snarky One

Guess he is trying to up the odds of getting laid....it is called being Bi! lol

Carl

So some guy hardly anyone has ever heard of says he's bisexual. Who the hell cares? Isn't being gay a non-story yet?

charlei harper

being "sorta gay" is like being sorta pregnant. Either ya yam or ya not...haven't said hi, simply, hi to all my christian, homo and lesbo peeps for a while...how ya doing dahlings?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments