Joe Eszterhas

Mel Said John Lennon

Deserved To Be Shot

4/12/2012 6:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0411_mel_gibson_3

Mel Gibson celebrates John Lennon's death, claiming he deserved to die ... this according to the screenwriter of the failed "Maccabee" project, Joe Eszterhas.

In a scathing 9-page letter, obtained by The Wrap, Eszterhas claims Mel once ranted about the departed Beatle, "I'm glad he's dead. He deserved to be shot. He was f**king messianic. Listen to his songs! Imagine. I hate that f**king song. I'm glad he's dead."

According to Eszterhas, Mel saved his true fury for Oksana Grigorieva, saying, "I want to f**k her in the ass and stab her while I'm doing it."

And on the business side, Eszterhas claims Mel said this of Ari Emanuel, the head of the William Morris Endeavor Agency: "He's a c*nt Jewboy."

Mel has fired back at Joe, claiming the letter is a pack of lies.

0412_remembering_john_lennon_footer

Swins

Esterhas is a complete lunatic. I don't buy one thing he is saying. Joe's just fanning the flames of old stories because he's trying to cover for the fact he is insane and he actually never wrote any of the things he was credited with. Everyone in the industry knows that if it's a Joe product its a ghost written product.

teflonron

I love it, Mel is a nut and his movies are fantastic.
This guy makes this Judah movie I'll pay to see it.
I agree with Mel's critique of "Imagine", the kicker is Lennon ended up leaning towards the right before his tragic demise.
Go Mel!

Charisma

OH yeah, you just know Kims PR team is telling her dating Mel is GREAT idea also.

John_Dunkel

I'm sorry but that sounds like a full on lie to me. What is that Joe Eszterhas problem?

Tom Cruise

Joe is an intelligent credible person with integrity. I 100% believe every word he says about Mel and have no doubt he said it. Mel has a long record of going off the reservation for any nay sayers out there.

2idiots

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW. I read the letter from Joe to Mel and must say it was extremely well written. The details provided were disturbing and too vivid for the events to be made up. For Joe to "NAME NAMES"....that's a pretty big leap to take unless one is prepared for the backlash (lawsuit)......
There is NO WAY this is fabricated or "sensationalized" (for dramatic affect). I could almost "HEAR" Mr Mel "SCREAMING" this stuff.
Only a WHACK JOB would call a Priest "FATHER F-CKO" (could it be FALCO) or a Rabbi "RABBI CLUELESS".
For MEL to share that "SNUF FLICK" FANTASY w/ Joe's 14yo son is just disgusting. It proves what a SICK and TWISTED MAN "MR MEL" actually is.
I believe Mr Mel can officially count himself OUT of Hollywood (Once again thru his OWN DOING).

Sonja

Makes you wonder if Mel's wife saw this side of him, a slow deterioration of rational. Seems like it all started to unravel when he built his own church and made Passion of Christ.. between his father, the crap with his DUI and then the stuff with Oksana... he's losing his mind.

John_Dunkel

I heard he said Jack Dawson deserved to die on the Titanic. Also Mel Gibson has his own jewish human centipede in his basement. And believe it or not he once said Ghandi deserved to get shot, too. Oh, and this one time he was pissing on Mother Theresas grave.

Mitch

Joe Eszterhas... the same no-talent ****sucker who gave us the Oscar-worthy "Showgirls". What a monumental waste of flesh.

2idiots

It would be GREAT if Joe's kid had that Ipad Video he took of Mel in Costa Rica...I'd LOVE TO SEE THAT!

Bloomcounty.USA

I honestly can't stand Mel Gibson, I don't know if Esterhas' allegations are true or not, but either way I can't stand Mel. Haven't seen a film he's produced for years and years due to his anti-semitic rants. It's as if he has a split personality disorder that comes to the forefront when he's drunk, or in the company of someone that he doesn't feel has as much power/influence as he does. The fact that people still defend him is bizarre to me, but whatever.

ShrinkWrap

Is there any actual proof that Mel said this or are you (TMZ)just printing heresay without any facts? It sure appears that way.

2idiots

ShrinkWrap: about a minute ago
------
What TMZ published is taken from a LETTER WRTTEN TO MEL GIBSON by Joe Eszethas. You can read the entire letter on THEWRAP.com
I have to believe what JOE wrote is true (read letter) as there's too much potential for legal action for him to "make stuff up"

2idiots

Once again the FLOCKERS are out in DROVES defending their "ICON"

Ron Obvious

Joe Eszterhas obviously is trying to detract from the simply fact that his script/screen play was terrible, so rather than take the critique, and learning from it, he has chosen to play the race card! Does Joe have family ties to Obama?

I know Joe isn't the only one who could do a script for this movie, and do a much better job. Judging from Joe's other movies he has written, he probably doesn't have the background for this kind of movie. And just because he is a Jew, doesn't qualify him for writing a script for an Old Testament based movie! In retrospect, he obviously has little experience with scriptures or the ideas they promote! Anyway, I hope Mel can find someone to write a script for this movie, as it would be very interesting to see on the Big Screen.