'Hunger Games' Star

U.S. Should LOWER

Boozing Age to 18

4/12/2012 7:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0412_josh_hutcherson_video
If 18-year-olds can fire a shot in war ... they should be able to take a shot in a bar ... so says "Hunger Games" star Josh Hutcherson.

Hutcherson was leaving STK last night when we asked a question inspired by his 19-year-old co-star Alexander Ludwig ... who triggered an investigation when he left a 21+ bar in Hollywood this week.

Hutcherson tells us the drinking age in America simply doesn't make sense -- saying, "I think the age to go to war is 18 ... so I think the drinking age should be 18 as well."

Hutcherson raises a good point ... so we gotta ask ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

ohboy

I can't believe a few of you idiots voted age 16. I feel sorry for your children.

Mary P

Most studies show that lowering the drinking age to 18 actually DECREASES rates of alcohol poisoning, binge drinking, alcoholism.. the forbidden fruit, isn't forbidden and people stop trying to get as much as they can before they think they might be caught. The strongest years 18-21 in the US now are the years in which most people start heavy drinking, usually at some sort of influence.

Why not go with the facts?

christie

In canada yes the drinking age is 18 in quebec, 19 everywhere else. However if you are 18 and part of the army/military ect you can drink at 18 anywhere.

Jdawg

18,,,If your old enough to go to war your old enough to Drink,Club,Etc.

Amber

No Way!!!! These kids today or in no shape, size or form responsible enough, keep it at 21, please!!! TY

elle

I have a better idea....instead of lowering the age for drinking raise the age for inlisting to 21....

Jay W.

Bring back prohibition... wait... keep bourbon.

Lori

how bout this: raise the age to go to war to 21 and leave the drinking age as is.

the artist formerly known as hand turkey

Here's a question for you. Say two people are married, the wife is 22 and the husband is 20. If the wife buys alcohol and gives some to her husband, should she be arrested?

SYLVI212

Holy cow! He already looks 35 years old in that picture, keep boozing, buddy!

Bridget

I don't know, people do pretty stupid stuff when they are 18. Especially when drinking is involved. You still are in that "I'M INVINCIBLE, THAT WONT HAPPEN TO ME" phase. Lord knows I did really stupid stuff when I was 18 and liquor was involved. If it was legal for me to buy it myself, worse things would have probibly happened...and more frequently, lol.

Ofcource I agree if you can go to war you should be able to drink. How about you can drink if you have a military ID. That should work.

Houdinis Scrotum

The rationalization of this dimwit is proof enough that the age for drinking should stay at 21. The comparison of "old enough to go to war vs. old enough to drink is a poor rational.

Anonymous

Well, it is not 18, so in the meantime, this little pr*ck needs to follow the law like anyone else.

I do have a suggestion: Feel free to join the army, and get stationed overseas in country where the age is 18. That "join the army" excuse is SO lame. Do it, and then we will talk.

Mike44090

I agree, if you can be drafted to go to war you should be able to have a beer.

Bob

They should make it 18. 18 year old chicks are easy, especially when drunk.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments