Morgan Freeman

I'm NOT Getting Married

to My Step-Granddaughter

4/12/2012 2:33 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Morgan Freeman and EDena Hines
Morgan Freeman is adamant ... he has NEVER had a romantic relationship with his 27-year-old step-granddaughter E'Dena Hines ... and slams all of the reports to the contrary as "defamatory fabrications."

Morgan just released a statement responding to recent reports that he and Hines have been dating for roughly 10 years and were planning to get married in the very near future.

Freeman's rep tells us the actor remained silent for years because he didn't want to "dignify these stories by commenting" ... but now he feels compelled to speak out after the reports were picked up by various "mainstream media" outlets.

In his statement, Freeman says, "The recent reports of any pending marriage or romantic relationship of me to anyone are defamatory fabrications from the tabloid media designed to sell papers. What is even more alarming is that these fabrications are now being picked up by the legitimate press as well."

E'Dena has also issued a statement ... saying, "These stories about me and my grandfather are not only untrue, they are also hurtful to me and my family."

For the record, E’Dena is the granddaughter of Morgan’s first wife, Jeanette Adair Bradshaw. She and Morgan are not related by blood.

JammaBeanz

Seriously? She looks like dog doo.

I have a friend who, I chit you not, was arrested and charged for assault...with a bag of RAISINS! Sooooo, it doesn't take much to get charged.

Nykki

I am from Charleston,MS, the hometown of Morgan Freeman. I know him and his step granddaughter personally and this mess in the news is just LIE's!!! Paparazzi's are always trying to assume something. Stop believing everything in the news. He's never dated his step granddaughter and he never will! Just because somebody raises you and they are not blood doesn't mean something is wrong. You have plenty of people in the world being taken care of by non related relatives so stop this insane rumor! If you have any questions I will be gladly to tell you! But as for Morgan, just leave him and his family alone and tend to your own! Thanks!

casper santiago

this man only does well stop hating n leave him along he is a great man

CoreyPain718

Morgan is not white! So this cant be true!

Pat

WHY should you marry her -- when you're F***ING her!

anazita

ewww....

Bige

Was everyone when woody allen raised his adopted daughter and then started banging her and married her? I hope Morgan is not that stupid. But white folks from Arkansas do it all the time.

dfghjk

Not related don't care.

MontyMontie

The question is why not...I mean imagine you're old and wrinkle....buuurrrrrrr...thats sick..even if I was the old guy...SMFH...but really...who cares if its true or not..i'll still watch Bruce Almighty

Rodney

i d carry Mr Freemans big bag of money as a loyal employee i wouldnt take any he d just pay me salary what a awesome man

Wongelawit

I am glad that all stories about Morgan Freeman and his step-granddaughter is not true!! I love Morgan Freeman and I know he won't do such things.

Vocalz69

I'm glad that's not true Wendy Williams kept saying that & I'm like HELLZ NAH!! But glad Tis isn't SO!!

92DoubleD

Don't believe everything you hear.

Jay

i read that whole quote in my morgan freeman voice.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4