Oprah Winfrey

Ripped By OWN Reality Star --

She FAILED Us

4/12/2012 8:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

041212_ryan_still0412_oprah_fault_video
Nobody watched Ryan O'Neal's reality show on the OWN network ... NOBODY ... not even Oprah Winfrey ... this according to Ryan O'Neal.

The 70-year-old Hollywood star -- who starred with his famous daughter on "Ryan and Tatum: The O'Neals" -- was out in L.A. yesterday when we asked how he felt about O's admission that she wasn't ready to launch her network.

O'Neal replied, "I wish we had known that ... she should have told us."

When we asked if he was worried that the extremely low-rated reality show would tarnish his reputation .... he simply shot back, "No because nobody saw it ... I don't know if Oprah saw it."

We're guessing there won't be a Season 2.

ChloeMarie

Loser.

fstblk

Shut up Oneal!! You should be working on your messed up family!!!!

susieq

I actually watched it a few times - he is a huge loser, and it was painful to watch his interaction with Tatum. It wouldn't have been renewed regardless of Oprah.

steph3274

Well, I watched it and I loved it. I learned a great deal about my relationship with my own father. Ryan and Tatum mirrored us beautifully. It was like I had access to my father's mind. Thanks, O'Neals. You know what they say : If it helps even one person...

SusanCoyote

I watched it and was horrified by the way he treated his daughter! Poor little girl just abandoned by her father who only cared about his affair with that great actress Farah. He should be ashamed!

betterdaysahead

yea Oprah just quit while you still have some of your billions left. That or drugs are the only thing that could steal that much money from someone. i dont have cable bec of the econmony I had to decide if 70bx a month was going to be more food or that so.... im sure Oprah ddnt know alot of average ppl were her audience and we are all suffering with the economy. i would watch if I could but...

Drew G.

Everybody tried hard to make the network a success. It just didn't work out so it's time to move on. Ryan O'Neal shouldn't really blame anyone. If his show was good enough, it would have attracted viewers. I was unaware that Ryan O'Neal had a reality show anywhere.

Damon

Doesn't matter what channel he's on -
I would never watch anything this POS is doing!

He needs to help get all of his kids off drugs instead of trying to film a reality show!

Potato

Oprah is nastay

Delaware D

Shut up, Ryan O'Neal! YOU try running your own network, d-bag. Jeez, give it a chance.

dd

I saw it and you got paid so leave it alone... You are not father or grandpa of the year.

writenow

Okay, I'll bite. Why would Ryan think he's interesting?
More interesting are reader thoughts regarding the website counter of George Zimmerman's website.

Symian

I think that we've had quite enough "reality" from the O'Neals over the years to cover us for the rest of their lives. We don't need a reality show from them; They've already had all the WTF moments and cliffhangers and a show isn't going to give us anything new (or even interesting).

Noneurbusiness

I watched it and was not suprised by any of the actions of the family members. I feel sorry for his children he's the reason why they are so screwed up as adults.

Darlene Method

Shut up Ryan! She tried to help your loser family. Your so screwed up and that is why all of your children are screwed up!Take a look in the mirror!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments