'The Doors' Guitarist

Loves Her Madly

Drops $45K Surprise On Wife

4/15/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Doors guitarist Robby Krieger
After 40 years of marriage, Doors guitarist Robby Krieger still knows how to light her fire -- dropping $45,000 on a brand new Mercedes SUV for his wife ... and TMZ has a pic of the new whip.

Sources tell TMZ, the former rock star rolled up to a Benz dealership in Long Beach, CA last Monday -- eyeing up a snazzy ML 350 SUV for his wife.

But wife shopping is hard -- and once Robby called to consult his better half ... we're told she shot him down, asking for the slightly smaller GLK 350 instead (see sample comparison below).

0412_mercedes_benz_mbusaWe're told Krieger didn't bat an eye -- and immediately catered to his wife's wishes, wiring over $45K to the dealer in exchange for a fully-loaded silver 2012 GLK 350.

And that's how you stay married.

Redhead

I loved this story. He must be a smart man.

Queen B

I love Robby Krieger and the Doors, but why is this news? Big deal, he bought his wife a car. Nice gift! He sure does "Love her Madly!!!"

Long live Jim Morrison!!

Zorbitor

One of rocks most underrated guitar player & songwriters

Nic

Some editing would be nice, TMZ. I think you meant the ML350 is "slightly smaller" than the GLK350 based on the images you are showing us. Seriously, how did no one catch that mistake?

pam

Is it really news when a really rich guy goes out and buys a car that half of upper middle class suburbia drives?

Hammer

HaHa that's how you stay a doormat!

Tina

Love Robby Krieger! Excellent guitarist and sounds like a really nice guy. Been married a long time. He must be doing something right! Glad to see a recent picture. Long live the remaining Doors!

Nostradamus

You should file this story in the "who gives a sh*t" section.

Sue

Robby wrote my favorite song of all time "Light my Fire"

He is a good guy and has been married to the same woman for 40 years.
God Bless ya Robby. I will be forever grateful for my "coming of age song"
you wrote in 1967. Lets try to set the night on FIRE

Dick Johnson

Wow. Big spender. That is one of their low-end models....who cares?? If he get's her a Lambo, Ferrari or something, ok, put it on tmz, but a low end mercedes? He might as well have gotten her a fully laded Honda Accord. Tell you what TMZ....I am buying a new Lexus in two years, i'll let you know when I get it so you can do a press release....

mebrat24

How ****ing lame is TMZ I MEAN KMZ
Are you that ****ing greedy Harvey that you have to start running ads in your stories to get the bills paid around there, I know your website has gotten worse in the last year so your are trying any thing to get some money rolling in. Really Harvey you need to advertise a Mercedes in the middle of the stories. In the middle with pictures and prices. We all know you are way to close to the Kim Klan so maybe it is rubbing off on you. There business plan is to do any thing disgusting and you follow saying how wonderful they are and you know what a piece of work the mother is and all her daughters. could any one image a mother like that. CASH IS KING AT THAT HOUSE

Roi

The GLK is smaller than the ML speaking as a previous owner of an ML. I hope Mrs. Krieger likes the GLK, I didn't like the position that the mirrors sat at when we test drove one.

meard

FORMER rock star? kiss my ass TMZ

meard

"former rock star" my ass.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2