Simon Cowell

I Bought My Ex a Mansion

Because I Was a Bad Fiance

4/16/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0416_simon_mezghan_01
Simon Cowell is telling friends ... his engagement to Mezhgan Hussainy was a "big mistake" ... but she left the relationship with one fabulous parting gift ... an $8 MILLION MANSION.

The details surrounding the breakup are unclear ... but according to TheSun.com, Cowell has admitted, "I'm a hopeless boyfriend."

The two got engaged back in 2010 after meeting on the set of "American Idol."

Sources close to Cowell tell us he feels Mezhgan "deserves" the home for putting up with all of the publicity and scrutiny that comes with dating the "X Factor" honcho.

We're told the two are still on good terms ... probably because it's hard to hold a grudge when you're living in an 8 MILLION DOLLAR MANSION!

Cowell has a history of showering his exes in riches following a breakup ... his former flame Terri Seymour reportedly walked away with a $5 million mansion and millions in cash when they split back in 2008.

pat

He bought her a house cuz he gave her herpes.

Meggie24

Always liked Simon - he's honest & direct, fair & tough. He's a good mix of strong & soft whether in his personal life or his professional one.

James

The reason he bought her that mansion is because she fulfilled her commitment as his "beard." It was part of the deal.

KicksandGiggles

Simon "leases" girlfriends for arm candy - then sets them free with goodies. In the old days, it was called prostitution - A smart gal pal takes cash $$!

Politico Pablo

I don't care how rich you are, no one gives away that amount of real estate without requiring something in return.

Sandra

Love Simon!!!!

Rhubino

I'd like to know the original context of that pic of Simon. It like the first time he saw boobies in a low-cut dress, but that's obviously not right.

alumette

He is evidently a generous man with a nostalgic side. He is kind to all of his ex-girlfriends and that speaks volume. Of course, he can afford to be kind....he has money coming out of his "ears".....still......he is a good egg.

2idiots

"here's the mansion I promised you, now DONT TELL ANYONE you saw me %CKIN' Ryan Seecrust" - followed by a pinkie-shake.

nate

Should read - Cowell has a history of paying off his "beards".

FlamingoNut

I guess it keeps them from spilling the beans about various aspects of their relationships. Keep the ex happy and she won't blab. Just ask George Clooney...

Donna

I'm sure she earned every penny putting up with his nonsense!

Jody

Sounds like hush money to me.

Jackie

Probably he likes his own....lol.

EMP BITE ME

Looks like code word for ,she let me put it in the pooper,and now i gotta repay her,or she knows im not stright as i seem and i need to keep it under wraps,no tell all books from you ladies,sign here,here is your cash.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments