Simon Cowell

I Want Britney on 'X Factor' ... BAD!

4/17/2012 2:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0_d8q5lanm_0_ow8xl7uu
Simon Cowell has finally admitted ... he's GUNNING HARD to get Britney Spears as a judge on the next season of "X Factor."

Cowell just called in to "TMZ Live" ... and told us, "I would love to have her on the show ... I think she would be a fascinating person to sit next to."

Simon said he couldn't reveal too much about the negotiations ... but did seem optimistic and hinted that he would have an answer from Britney's camp within the week.

Stay tuned ...

Jeff Becker

Is she going to lip sync her comments too?

EMP BITE ME

Then Pay her 20 million to Yap as she did when she was crazy,she would bring in the ratings,but i dont think she is Sane as she was before,Shes been through alot,esp that paparazzi Adnan raping her over and over in Mexico.

Pudding Tang

what a moronic move that would be

Nina Emm

On today's show, Simon mentioned he wasn't going to make predictions because his last predictions didn't come true - obviously the ones made about Xfactor being HUGE.

If he wants to make the show huge, a simple solution is to let Canadians audition and vote and turn it into an Xfactor North America. On the final last year Simon had 3 canadians perform - Avril Lavigne, Alanis Morrisette, and Justin Bieber, but Canadians can't even vote for who they want to win or audition. The show is broadcast in Canada and does really well because Canadians don't have any large scale competition of their own (aside from cover me canada).

I think Simon should continue to be a visionary (as Harvey put it) and open up the competition to Canadians!

Meggie24

"A fascinating person to sit next to?" He's kidding, right? This airhead can barely string together a sentence, is still on meds & is under conservatorship. I can hear her brilliant & insightful comments already: "OMG y'all that was, like, totally awesome".

GigglesGalore

I'm still laughing at his one night stand robbery. You'd think a guy with all his millions would find a classier way to pick up women.

the truth

I don't think Simon has talked to Brit ...she very dumb with a very limited vocabulary...

I am Spartacus

he wants her on his show because he is desperate for ratings. He was so bold in his statements about how X Factor was going to beat American Idol in ratings and he fell flat. There's too many of these talent shows. Personally i think The Voice is the only one worth watching these days. American Idol was old and tired 5 seasons ago and X Factor feels like American Idol 2.0.

Howard Stern and Britney Spears... great judge of musical talent there. One is brought on for shock value and the other for name recognition. Britney Spears lip syncs every performance so what would she know about singing live?

parlayer

We will see if she is still **** eyed, or wants to get down to biz.

nof

You see how ridiculous AI now is?

Thirty seven minutes of Seacrest going:

"Okay, now leave group number three and go to group two."

"_____ from group number one - you go to group four."

I'm surprised SNL hasn't lambasted this.

And Seacrest DOES it with a straight face - !

nof

Dude, Britney'd be great and all ...

But it's not the Judges - it's the Show.

People are tired of the format, dude - it's gotten old.

nof

I hate to say that Simon Cowell has peaked -

-Where can he go from here?

Bud

As a judge???Are you kidding me??

suuzie

The reason I don't watch these shows is he pays millions to people who cannot sing to judge people who can sing. His actions does not make sense to me, so why watch something that is so senseless.

Bridget

Exactly how would Britney judge music talent? All her music is created for her. They just stick her in a boothe and have her kinda sing and then rework it so it is somewhat passible to a person drunk in a club. Personally I think she is an EXTREAMLY OVERPAID STRIPPER. Cause if you think about it all she really does is take her cloths off.

And lets not forget she married K-Fed who was this "GREAT RAPPER", lol. I'm sorry even people who don't listen to rap knew that guy had no skills.

I don't really think it matters who he gets. I gave the show a shot and it sucked. So unless he does some major reworking on the show itself it doesn't matter. The star power factor will fade quickly and people will be once again bored.

HEY I HAVE AN IDEA!!! If the persons ability to judge music doesn't matter... why not get Marley Matlin????? Atleast she has a personality and more talent then Britney. Not music talent...but britney doesn't have music talent either, so why not???

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments