Casey Anthony's Lawyer

For Paying for Our Defense

4/19/2012 5:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

041819_baez_still

Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's lawyer, has for the first time publicly acknowledged he was able to mount a successful defense thanks to the money he got from ABC news.

Baez, who appeared on PBS's "Frontline," explained how they got $200,000 from ABC for photos of Casey and Caylee, and that money was used "so we could mount a proper defense."

In 2010, Casey's team divulged in the trial that they spent $275,000 on the defense, and the major portion came from the ABC deal. Now Baez explains the money was critical in beating the murder rap.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sonya in Tx

Boycott ABC. I'll never watch anything on that network again....

Stormy

Just more proof of what idiots, and pathetic bastards the liberal media is. Hahahahaha!

OutridersGhost

Why didn't ABC just help Casey Anthony hide her kids body while they were at it.

Kathy

Thank you so much ABC for letting a killer free. I will NEVER watch ABC again.

Jay W.

Hose a Baez should go into hiding.

Laurie123

Disgusting...It's not just ABC, all the networks do it. Think of the Amanda Knox trial, where did her family get all the money for her incredible defense??? TV networks will do ANYTHING to get exclusive reports and interviews. And killers go free, who cares right? It's all about the rating$$$$.

marybeth

ABC Sucks!!! I will try to block ABC from my television!!

kbs

Sickening absolutely sickening - no more ABC in my house -

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

Eff ABC. I seen this on air on PBS the other night. And I tell you, those folks that have been innocently sentenced to deathrow for the something years couldn't even afford a proper defense because of those so called expert witness with their certificate they got from a certificate mill. And she gets off because ABC wanted a couple of pictures. Let's hope their ratings drop by the millions.

TuggerJ

"Checkbook Journalism" has always existed but this is just beyond the pale. After the stunt casting on the Today show and putting Anne Coulter on the panel of This Week, I've become a CBS News person. I just hope CBS can keep their act together and not sink to this sort of shoddiness.

Elle-Vee

Justice has a way of working itself out. Look at the OJ team who enabled a killer to walk free. Cochran, brain cancer. Kardashian, cancer. Bailey, disgraced and will never practice law again. Shapiro, loses son to drug overdose.

Lauren

There is no way I would boycott ABC, I'm too hooked on Once Upon A Time, but they are going to get SO MUCH backlash from this, that boycotting wont even matter.

tessa

ABC can KMA.

Bob in Florida

I will switch from ABC news programming (including news with Diane Sawyer, whom I love) to ANY other network news programs.

janet

ABC you proud of yourselves?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments