Rosie O'Donnell

RIPS Lindsay Lohan --

She's a DISGRACE to Liz Taylor

4/24/2012 6:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_u51ouy09_0_i0055s8l
Rosie O'Donnell
is on the warpath over the casting of Lindsay Lohan in the new Liz Taylor biopic ... saying LiLo simply isn't "capable" to perform the role because her personal life is still a disaster.

Rosie was on the "Today" show with Matt Lauer and Donny Deutsch ... when it was announced that Lohan will play Taylor in the upcoming Lifetime movie, "Liz and Dick."

O'Donnell instantly made her feelings known -- "I feel very sorry for her ... I think she needs a lot of time away ... She's had a lot of trouble doing every single movie, including SNL. She was out and not in rehearsal. I think she's not in a place to work."

When Deutsch suggested, "She's our generation's Elizabeth Taylor" ... O'Donnell lost it.

"You're out of your mind! You're a crackhead! The last thing she did good she was sixteen."

Rosie continued, "I don't think she's right for the role and I don't think she's capable at this point to portray that character."

0117_remembering_elizabeth_taylor_footer

Butterfly

IF I REMEMBER CORRECTLY, Liz Taylor's use of prescription drugs started when she had a very serious back injury when she fell off a horse while filming National Velvet when she was very, very young. As far as I know, the injury had plagued her for the rest of her life. During her later years, she was confined to a wheelchair but was forced to walk without one whenever she appeared in public. I had never heard or read she was using illegal drugs, never. Also, she was not an alcoholic.

R U kidding me

Look.....Including Rosie, there is not one celeb out there who hasn't seen their share of self-destruction. I Believe that Lindsey will be the perfect Liz. Not just the physical appearance....the same down falls in life. You Go Lindsey...Let this be your comeback. (This coming from a "not lindsey fan)

Coffeeplease

1)Lindsay's a better actress than Rosie. 2)Lindsay has doors opening while Rosie keeps getting them shut in her face (no thanks to her erratic, arrogant behavior) 3)It is not Lindsay who needs to concentrate on just getting therapy... Ms O'Donnell is a disgrace. Any therapist will tell you somebody in Ms. Lohan's shoes needs opportunities. Morale-building, valid, life affirming opportunities. Ms. O'Donnell needs to go away and live life privately. She speaks what she doesn't know. Fools do that.

I am not a fan of either one. But as a parent who's had a child go through rebellion and intense therapy, seen that person develop into a fantastic human being/adult...it was for the opportunities. For everyone believing in my child. Shame on the old bag. Her professional and personal lives are the wreck here. Have some class, as an aged woman, Ms. O'Donnell. Stop sounding like a banging drum. It's tiring.

Ricco

Can we assume that The Lindsey Lohan casting reflects mediocre directors and producers . . . that this is not an A-list production? That must be the case, because why would they cast a crackhead to portray Elizabeth Taylor, one of the most beautiful women of all time.

Even when she was older and at her heaviest Elizabeth never looked as bad as Lohan looks. Is this a serious top-notch production? Could they not find another actress, Michelle Williams, or a very talented unknown to take on the role of one of the most iconic women in history? Do they really need this pathetic drug addict?

danny

Lilo if very similar to Liz except for the fact that she is a lesbian and Liz liked men, neither of them had or have any morals.

lynn

who is going to watch it? it is a lifetime movie not a real movie. it just proves how washed up lohan is.

john m.

What would a muff diver know about talent or maybe muff diving is a talent .

juliamaria

What is REALLY not important, AT ALL, is Rosie's opinion on anything. This angry, mean spirited woman needs to go take care of her kids, get help for her "anger issues" and lay low...any attention IS NOT BETTER than no attention.

Jennifer

Honestly Rosie... are you really living the "totally got your **** together" life yourself? Are you really in a position to JUDGE other people? Who really cares what you think anyway. Isn't it a bit arrogant on your part to register in on this? Is it any skin off your ass if she gets hired to do anything. She may very well crash and burn but how does that affect you? And do you think you've managed your life so well that you get to diss her? Maybe keep your judgements to yourself!

JAMES LAKOVISH

one bigggg fatttt ugly slob, nevert could stand that ugly hog looking at her face turns me off, and that fat boady makes what to puke, oink oink

greeneyedlady

This is going to sound like a broken record but although I can't stand Rosie anymore, she hit the nail on the head. Lindsay needs to focus on getting her life in order first. And comparing her acting skills to Liz Taylor is like comparing apples to oranges, Lindsay will never measure up. I like to say I wouldn't watch it if it gets made but like a car accident and I probably wouldn't be able to not stop and stare.

shredder

Rosie O'donnell played the little fat guy in the Flintstones, right? That was a great part. As for dissing Lohan...Rosie doesn't have any room to talk. Her own life is a trainwreck. BTW, Liz Taylor had her own issues on and off screen. Don't know why Lohan couldn't step right in.

Kathryn

I completely agree with Rosie. I can't even begin to imagine why anyone would pick Lindsay Lohan to play Elizabeth Taylor. She isn't talented enough, she's not even nearly pretty enough, and she isn't MATURE enough. Even though they both started out as child stars, that is where the similarities end. Elizabeth was a pro from the get go, unlike Lindsay who has been a train wreck for years, squandering away her beauty and talent on selfishness and alcoholism. I can admit that she was a promising talent...when she was 11. She played the same character in almost all of her teen movies. She squandered away so many good chances. I will NOT watch it if it truly happens. I agree that Elizabeth Taylor is probably rolling over in her grave!

Billy Reynolds

Rosie O'Donnell judges someone else's talent? What does she actually do? Apart from being a fat blowhard who won't STFU?

jms

Lindsay as Elizabeth ? Nothing matches..looks , body type ,voice. I know Hollywood can do amazing things, but...no.
Have I seen Lindsay do any acting as an adult ??