Jennifer Hudson

I Don't Want to See Crime Pics

of My Murdered Nephew

4/25/2012 10:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0425-jennifer-hudson-getty
Jennifer Hudson excused herself from the courtroom in the murder trial of the man accused of gunning down her family ... deciding she did not want to see the grisly crime scene photos of her slain 7-year-old nephew.

Prosecutors displayed multiple photos of the blood-soaked body of Julian King ... who was shot twice in the head in 2008.

The man accused of the crime -- William Balfour -- remained inside the Chicago courtroom and reportedly appeared to cry when the photos were displayed.

Hudson's fiance, David Otunga, also remained inside the courtroom ... and took extensive notes about the crime scene.

Prosecutors believe Balfour murdered King -- along with Hudson's mother and brother -- in a horrific killing spree in October 2008. Balfour has plead not guilty to the murders.

RJ

My heart goes out to Jennifer...I cannot imagine how bad that mus have been.I lost my mother on cancer and still not over. But to lose your family that dramatic and the 7 yr old breaks my heart.

northern gypsy

no kidding...i watched my dad die of natural causes and it tore me up...i can't even imagine how J.H. would have re-acted to the gruesome crime scene photos...tragic indeed...

Shay

How sad. Her whole family gone too soon. I can't imagine not having my mother there when my daughter was born. I feel for jennifer.

EMP BITE ME

She never really cared for her family,after she got rich and famous,she left them in the same dump she came from,after that she now fakes going to trial just for free publicity,its all a scam,if she had really cared for her family she would have moved them out of that bad town,but no...Scammer.

wtf

You didn't mention David Otunga is a Harvard Law School grad. Shoddy reporting, TMZ. What a surprise.

S. Segal, Deputy Sheriff

EMP bite me, maybe you should have done a little research before you posted your stupid comment!! Her Mother didn't want to move from the neighborhood,and even if she had moved the 'Murderer" was her son-in-law so i'm sure he would have been able to get to them either way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jane

I feel so sorry for her, losing so many family members and in such a horrendous way. I can certainly understand how she could not bear to look at the photos. I was called for jury duty and the case was the murder of a child. It dawned on me I would be shown photos of the child and I knew I couldn't do it. When the pool of potential jurors were being picked, I told the judge the truth and he was very understanding and had no problem excusing me. I can't imagine seeing photos of a loved one.

Amber

wtf, thank you for clarifying that, my first thought was why would he be taking notes?????

Delaware D

Horrible. I feel for JHud. What a horrible story this all is.

popo

you wanted succes now deal with your sacrifice

Donnie

I can't imagine how difficult this must be for Jennifer and her sister. Stay strong ladies, America loves and supports you. At least those of us who have any shred of compassion and empathy in us. Ignore the haters leaving stupid comments on here, they are less than nothing.

Tammy

Does anyone KNOW why this man was arrested for the crimes? I've been reading the official news site on the case and, as far as I've been able to gather, there's no evidence that this was even in the house. The cops can't tie him to the gun, there's no DNA, no fingerprints, no bloody clothes and no witnesses who saw him at the house. I mean, I can't find anything that gives probable cause for this man to be arrested. Hence, maybe a Hudson fan or someone who's read something I've missed can tell me what evidence they have against this man. Thanks.

nyc44th

I have a lot of respect for this woman. She keeps displaying inner character and strength which at this time in the entertainment business is sorely missing.

Regina

My sympathy goes out to Jennifer. I have a 7 year old nephew who I love like my own child and if something ever happened to him like what happened to her nephew I would never want to see those gruesome pictures either. Whoever did it would also have to run and keep on running because I would track them down and probably kill them. And if it came to a trial they would have to be surrounded by deputies because I would try to go after them even in the courtroom. They would never be safe from me.

Mazor

What is that weird wrinkle-ring thing around her mouth? That looks SOOOOO weird.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments