Mel Gibson to Jay Leno

'I've Got a Little Bit of a Temper'

4/28/2012 7:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0428_mel_gibson_videoMel Gibson spoke out last night for the first time about his epic, profanity-laden, secretly-recorded rant against writer Joe Eszterhas ... and he actually had a bit of a sense of humor about the whole thing.

Gibson explained to Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" ... that Eszterhas turned in a script for "The Maccabees" to Warner Bros. that was rejected and so Gibson felt his actions were "justified."

As for the 9-page letter Eszterhas wrote to Gibson, Mel joked, "If he put half as much time and effort and creativity and imagination into a screenplay, which he was supposed to write, as he did into that letter ... we wouldn't be having this conversation."

Finally, talking about the infamous tape, Mel joked, "Maybe you don't know this about me, but I've got a little bit of a temper."

Yes, Mel ... we know.

0418_mel_Large-Audio-Launch_V6

THE BEAVER

2idiots: 44 minutes ago

THE BEAVER: 3 hours ago
For Scotty the dog, and 2 much of an Idiot, and anyone else that thinks Mel Gibson is such a bad person, more than Oksana and Joe are,and the cruel people that won't show his movies is too stupid for words and can kiss all of the members of Team Mel azzes.
Well, since you fools think Mel is the worse person that ever walked the face of the Earth..here is a little something for ya..
BAD BETTER BEST
NEVER LET IT REST
THE BAD IS THE BETTER
AND THE BETTER IS THE BEST
Mel Gibson was and will always be the best thing that ever happen in Hollywood.
---------------
OH MY FREAKIN' GOD....did you learn that little Rhyme in 5th grade? I'm surprised you have whipped out the "i'm rubber you're glue" response yet.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OH MY FREAKIN' GOD? lol WELL, GOD ISN'T A FREAK, DUDE, BUT I CAN SEE YOU ARE. I WOULD BE VERY SUPERISE IF YOU EVEN KNEW HOW TO FIND YOUR LAME AZZ WITH BOTH HANDS TO WHIPE IT IN THE 5 GRADE. WHAT SCHOOLS DID YOU GO TO, DUDE? LET ME GUESS.. LITTLE BRATS ELEM SCHOOL. BIG IDIOTS MIDDLE SCHOOL, AND LAME AZZ HIGH SCHOOL? BY THE WAY YOU ACT, I WOULD SAY YOU ONLY MADE IT TO THE 5 GEADE, BUDDY. LOL

THE BEAVER

TMZgossip: 56 minutes ago

for 'The Beaver", 5th grade was the best 4 years of their life!!

No, sweetheart. Actually 12th grade was my best year ever. It knew that I was finally getting away from azzholes like you!! LOL

Who love ya, baby? I sure in the hell don't. LOL

THE BEAVER

I mean surprise, but I was thinking that I would be super surprise if I heard thatr got potty train by the 5 grade.

I can hear your mother now..no no no you little idiot the potty isn't the bath tub. LOL

2idiots

THE BEAVER: 11 minutes ago

2idiots: 44 minutes ago
THE BEAVER: 3 hours ago
BAD BETTER BEST
NEVER LET IT REST
THE BAD IS THE BETTER
AND THE BETTER IS THE BEST
Mel Gibson was and will always be the best thing that ever happen in Hollywood.
---------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
----------
SWEET'ard the Banned - U'ER BAKC. OS NIEC TO ESEE YUO AGANAIN, DUED. I laughed so hard your post the other day "WYH I LOEV MLE GISBON" - that was almost as lame as you're little poem from earlier!

O_o

HAAAAA!! i dont give a crap what his beliefs are - they're not mine, and this is America. but, ya gotta love a man who can joke about how crazy he is. ya just gotta. lol

THE BEAVER

136. TMZgossip: 33 minutes ago

2idiots: about an hour ago

______

I read that somewhere too
oh yeah
TMZgossip: 8 days ago

The Beaver = sweet'tard-the-banned
_____________________
*smirk*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AAA.. what ya smirking for, dude? I don't type like Sweetheart does,I type worse. LOL

I am not this person, sorry I didn't make your day by being this person that you so love to hate worse than Mel Gibson, but I am not Sophie.

canook

for all Mel haters...
so it is not only "frau flock"

"The truth will set you free."

On April 23, 2012 Jewish New Agency JTA claimed that many Hollywood figures including lawyers, studio execs and publicists -all of them Jewish, defended Gibson over Hungarian born Eszterhas-almost to man, however they declined to be quoted by name due to fear of smear campaign
by the Jewish lobby groups.

canook

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyL2qFOukM

Mel Gibson friends who stood by him
1-Patrick Swayze
10-Robert Downey J
11-Peter Weir
12-his ex-wife Robyn
13-his adult children
14-his father, his brothers and sisters
15-"frau flock here"
(and I am very proud to be one of them)

Cujeaux

2idiots:  7 hours ago
Hey Cuj
Saw your post (#120) - well written as usual! I noticed it was only Bunny Azz attempted to insult you however true to form she failed miserably.
I'm beginning to think the flock is giving up hope of defending their idol. They're the one's that said OG could let go - yet SHE has moved on and it's MR MEL who is screaming about her in the Ez tape. It seems rather clear that HE is the one who cant let go. In addition, his screaming about OG and MONEY while yelling at JOE is a PERFECT EXAMPLE of MR MEL's RAGE. OG has NOTHING to do with the JOE issue YET Mr MEL starts screaming about her.
I think it was on the previous thread someone said why hasnt anyone from the Malibu Meltdown or Costa Rican Eruption stepped forward to support Joe (except his family) - better question is WHY HAS NO ONE STEPPED FORWARD TO DISCREDIT JOE's statement?
And also, I agree with you about the WB not being on-board with the CRACK-A-BEE's project - I bet what MR MEL delivered fell far short of what he promised (Jewish Braveheart). WB probably said "thanks but no thanks".
And I still cant get my head around the fact that MR MEL claims JOE worked on a script for 14 or 15 months AND got paid....YET delivered nothing. Why would MR MEL pay someone for something and GET NOTHING (after 14 or 15 months) and NEVER ONCE ask for updates during those months? I would actually believe Joe didnt start on the project until the SEP 2011 time frame when Gibnutz ANNOUNCED the project.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey 2Is,

I'm with ya on all you have said. Gibby is still obsessing over OG. I think she meant more to him than he let on. He just thought he could treat her like the crap he scrapes off of his shoe, so when she said 'Enough' and left him, his ego couldn't handle it. He wanted to be the one to break it off, so his ego is still hanging onto it, and there will never be any closure for him.

if he's still bitching about the money aspect, it's only logical to conclude that she was paid much more than what she got in court. She probably gets a cut of future earnings as well.
Gibby's smugness on Leno leads me to believe that he also paid off Ez to keep his mouth shut from the interview forward. It seems weird that Ez wouldn't respond to it. I noticed that there was no mention of booze at Gibztown, but I'm sure this is another situation where Gibnuts woke up from a drunken haze to another PR crisis. He probably doesn't remember what he said, so he had to wait for the proof, and must have been mortified when it was revealed. Just as embarrassing as the Hoff's hamburger eating video IMO.

I too believe that the script deal wasn't struck until last Sept. Ez may have been doing the research for free until Gibby got WB to pay for it. That's what he gets for not paying for it himself. He has no reason to complain, and should have known better than to trust WB to keep an eye on Ez. Mel can't even perform basic managerial tasks being on the sauce again, so this is how he responds when his demands are not met. I bet Ez is set for life now. Gibby continues to pay out because he thinks he can fool the public into believing that he is the victim. We shall see when the Gringo numbers come out. It will be worse than the Beaver's #s.

Karls

F OFF Bunny, lmao Keep up the good work Bunny your clearly frustrating 2 Idiots or was that the dog? :)

I'm still laughing at FN - F***ing Nutter!!!

pGrif

you know there were only allegations no proof he hit the woman I chipped my tooth like that eating dinner - and I know when and just the right things to to get my husband ranting like a banshee I have never taped them - but it's a thought if I ever want to black mail him hmmm.

pGrif

you know there were only allegations no proof he hit the woman I chipped my tooth like that eating dinner - and I know when and just the right things to say to get my husband ranting like a banshee I have never taped them - but it's a thought if I ever want to black mail him hmmm.

michelle

"Mel Gibson’s latest crazy rant went viral. Too bad his latest film went direct to satellite TV — because it’s better than half of what’s playing in theaters."

“Get the Gringo,” a film that can be seen starting today on DirecTV’s VOD service, opens with Gibson playing a character identified as Driver in clown makeup, behind the wheel of a car speeding across a desert highway while another clown bleeds to death in the back seat."
i would have liked the opp. to pre-pay for a copy
direct from the maker no 'middle men' to over pay
i don't have vod, so once again i wait my turn to
enjoy a story worth watching
i do look forward to any and all work involving
the talents of M.G.

michelle

this treatment of M.G. is a religious hate crime
it begain when it was learned that M.G. was interested in making a movie about the christian Savior
since then he has been marked
(as though a star was required on his clothing and a number tattooed on his flesh)
and lamb basted
(as if he has been forced into a cattle car)
every false justification for this treatment has been pulled from private issues and has been saturated upon the public without balance, actual reason or valid proof
though even if every bit of the rubbish that has been claimed was the complete truth it still doesn't explain why a person who didn't rape, kill, mame, or steal from anyone or any group has been marked for public and professional extermination
since when in this country that claims to be a safe haven from such unfairness is it legal to exile a person because he is a proud talanted outspoken person with strong religious beliefs
after all these generations of mankind, we still haven't learned to stop the hate within ourselves / our souls
we have accomplished nothing of value
the only way to truly stop hate is with love
If this be His Will,
May G-d Bless
those who treat others wrongly
and those who know better yet look the other way

Cujeaux

LOL Michie! If anyone should be charged with a hate crime it's Giblitz! You don't see any of his critics targeting ethnic groups the way he does. And don't lie and say there's no proof because it came straight from the horses mouth during interviews. Flock keeps using the excuse that stuff I question about all of your ASSumptions is old ground that's been covered before. Then one of you pulls something out of your ass about how he's being persecuted for his religious beliefs when the proof of his bigotry has been shoved in your face time and time again.

Like I've said before, flock members are the type that would form Kai buoyed romances because you refuse to read the writing on the wall. He made a controversial movie that was rejected by not only Jews, who felt hurt by their portrayal, but also MANY Catholics who thought it was an over the top gore fest. Then when he heard the criticism, which he claims he never listens to, he told them to go F themselves and that he wanted their entrails on a stick.
Poor, poor Gibby, being unfairly persecuted for having tourettes syndrome and being a catholic at the same time. Tsk tsk.