'Basketball Wives' Producers

Plotting Legal Action

Against Jennifer Williams

4/30/2012 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0429_jennifer_williams_getty"Basketball Wives" producers are taking their feud with cast member Jennifer Williams to the next level ... the show's big-wigs are currently in talks to file a lawsuit against  the "BB Wife" for publicly trashing the show.

If you recall ... producers of VH1's hit series were PISSED after Williams filed a lawsuit against fellow cast member Nia Crooks after she slapped Williams in the face while taping an episode.

Now sources tell TMZ  -- producers are ready to take their own legal action after Williams went on a media rampage and blasted "BB Wives" alleging the show portrays African-American women negatively.

According to our sources, producers feel Williams' show-bashing is in violation of her contract -- which forbids cast members from doing any media appearances or press without approval, or speaking negatively about the show. We're told they feel she is "ruining the brand" they worked so hard to build.

Let the mudslinging begin.

wendy

Would you like to be a beaten poll for everyone. I watch the show and like but fighting like ******s everytime, makes me ashame to be black. How is jumping on table and acting like an animal good. Please fix this show. Shanee you should be ashame of yourself!!!!!!!

betty

This show is no better or worse than Mob Wives and the rest but I'm sure there is nothing in a contract that states you have to be assaulted unless it was part of the script and these shows aren't scripted. Too many bullying women on the show acting like they are in high school. Sue Jen that's your right.

voiceofreason

This type of show is sooooo negative. Why are they spending time fighting and none with their children?

wisewife

Now who's being the bully? The real bullies behind this show are rearing their heads, the producers. If VH1 sues Jennifer Williams for her statements about the misrepresentation of African American women, they should feel the collective heat, back turning and resentment from African American women everywhere. They don't get to define us, build "brands" by portraying us in the worse possible light. We are better. We deserve better. http://www.change.org/petitions/cancel-basketball-wives

Lia

Are they nuts? Lol Everytime the show appears on air it publicly trashes itself. What a bunch of *******s.

Tired

If Bravo sue Jennifer Williams, I will NEVER watch another Bravo Show. Evelyn is disgusting!! Tami is disgusting!!!!, Where is Bravo morals? Jennifer tries to portray
positive and classy behavior. Bravo seems to want to portray Black Women negatively!!!

chip

VH1 U Should be ashamed asking someone to expect to get hit and then ask them to promise they won't sue. First all that Bum assistance isn't even a cast member so Jen should sue you.

chip

VH1 U Should be ashamed asking someone to expect to get hit and then
ask them to promise they won't sue. First of all that Bum assistance.
Yes she looks like a homeless person!
isn't even a cast member so Jen should sue her and VH1. I also wouldn't
pay a dime to watch Evelyn and that clown (step n Fetch it Ocho Stupid)
Dumb Name and these 2 won't last 1 EPISODE not to mention one season,
the show or the fake marriage.

trapped

VH1 U Should be ashamed asking someone to expect to get hit and then
ask them to promise they won't sue. First of all that Bum assistance.
Yes she looks like a homeless person!
isn't even a cast member so Jen should sue her and VH1. I also wouldn't
pay a dime to watch Evelyn and that clown (step n Fetch it Ocho Stupid)
Dumb Name and these 2 won't last 1 EPISODE not to mention one season,
the show or the fake marriage.

trapped

anny

I believe the show should be cancelled Evelyn , Tammy are both disgusting pigs, no class, I can't stand the show anymore, evelyn jumping on a table, throwing bottles, saying things I will kill her, common ladies . Have some class. I hope they cancel the show embarrassing Jennifer has a lot of class. tami , evelyn need to be fired.

ilovenonny

I think they should just let it play out on tv I would do the same hit me and pay me. The one that is the most bothersome to me is Tami can you say bully???? Only cowards are bullies Tami or didn't you learn that from your own experiences??????

JACKIE

WITH SO MUCH BULLYING WHY WOULD YOU PUT THESE UPPER CLASS BLACK WOMEN ON USING FOUL LANGUAGE, FIGHTING ETC. SO THAT THE PRETEENS AND TEEN COULD SEE HOW LOW CLASS THESE WOMEN CAN BE. WHEN YOU BECOME SUCCESSFUL, IS THAT WHAT YOU HAVE TO DO? BE A BULLY? I THINK THAT ANYONE WHO GETS HIT, SHOULD SUE.

lindia

this is a joke. best of luck to jen. tammy and evelyb need to grow up. they need to take a look at everyone looking at them.

lilviv

I don't see why they have a problem with Jennifer filing a lawsuit. Everybody is not for all the mess on this show. I know some of us act the way a few of the women do on the show but why would you want to show this type of stuff on TV. There are bullies and they are people trying to show another side of the issues. Why not act like most adult women in dealing with situations. Talking them out without all the wanting to start fights. Women of their ages should be showing the younger generation something positive. What they are showing is not positive. The one's that are allowing themselves to be bullied should just leave the show or the show should make the ones acting negative to leave and try to have a more cordial program. To me it is an embarrassment to the black community.