'Basketball Wives' Producers

Plotting Legal Action

Against Jennifer Williams

4/30/2012 3:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0429_jennifer_williams_getty"Basketball Wives" producers are taking their feud with cast member Jennifer Williams to the next level ... the show's big-wigs are currently in talks to file a lawsuit against  the "BB Wife" for publicly trashing the show.

If you recall ... producers of VH1's hit series were PISSED after Williams filed a lawsuit against fellow cast member Nia Crooks after she slapped Williams in the face while taping an episode.

Now sources tell TMZ  -- producers are ready to take their own legal action after Williams went on a media rampage and blasted "BB Wives" alleging the show portrays African-American women negatively.

According to our sources, producers feel Williams' show-bashing is in violation of her contract -- which forbids cast members from doing any media appearances or press without approval, or speaking negatively about the show. We're told they feel she is "ruining the brand" they worked so hard to build.

Let the mudslinging begin.

Willeeme

child please... VH1 "top" producers, Shaunie, Evelyn, and Tammy and who else ever is mad because Jennifer is handling her business the right way... really needs to go kick dirt!!! THe show is a joke and the station as well.....Jennifer is the LAST reason why i think the show is garbage and trashy.. and for the producers to blame Ms. Williams is one example why the majority of people have little regard or respect for the show... Truely the show needs to be shut down.... especially if these type of silly tatics are going to be made! and oh... Eve, and ocho show i will not be watching that hot mess either! Boring!!! get it together VH1....

Carmen

I hate having to watch the stupid commercials of the next episode of basketball garbage!!! A massive waste of airtime...

patrick

this show sucks it was trash from the start

Isis Phoenix

Copy and paste the following link into your url to sign a petition to cancel VH1's Basketball Wives Reality Series

Notorious

I wonder how many blacks work for 51 minds behind the scene... Arent the same ones that created the Flavor of Love and the Chad Ocho Cinco show...

Notorious

Hmmm What else do you expect from the white male producers of 51 minds... Who brought you hits like Flava of Love and I love New York... Yes I am sure they care about the Images of African Americans...
I havent seen so much black exploitation until I look at E! shows... LMAo The Kardashians showing how to milk athlete or anyone else famous for all he is worth.

Taliah Maya

Jen doesnt make the show look bad..they make themselves look bad.. Tami has picked fights with the cast members and Evelyn is an instigator and shaunie is shady. so why only take legal actions against jen? can this show jus be canceled already? if i stopped watching it wasnt because jen was trash talking the show, i stopped watching because i dont see the point,entertainment or class in this show at all.

jojo

I agree that Jen have every right to press charges against Nia. No one has the right to put hands on you no matter how much you piss them off. I have lost respect for Shaunie she sits there looking dumb founded but in the back of her mind she says cha ching$$$. she is the creator of this mess, i use too think she was classy. The NBA should sue them all, none are currently married to players. Some never where. Change the title to 1 ex wife and several ex girlfriends of Basketball players.

jasb

She has every right to be upset, so one has the right to put their hands on anyone. This show does show African American women in a negative light. All the bulling and disrespect going on among these women is shameful. Shaunie you are a part of this mess tooo. Shut the show down. Williams you are in the right

Kay

"ruining the brand" they created - All of you should be locked in a closet with one another and I bet you will come out with a whole new perspective on what a "brand" really means - okay?

madhatter1956

But it is ok for certain basketball wives to hit people. Assault is still against the law. I wish one of them would hit me. You sure will have a law suit on your hands. And one of them will have a record.!!!!!

EloiseM

I started out liking Jennifer and feeling sorry for her. Then she somewhat rose in fame with the support and encouragment of the other cast members. Now all of a sudden she has flipped. If she doesn't want to be on the show, just leave or lay low. I'm not into a whole lot of stupid drama, but her trashing the show is counterproductive for her so-called career which isn't off the ground YET. I was going to buy her product, but not now.

EloiseM

More on my dislike for Jennifer. I couldn't understand Eric's behavior until now. Jennifer is 100% fake and selfish. I'm remembering the show from the beginning, when she was a total wreck of a person. I'm remembering all the support, encouragment, empathy and everything else she got from real friends. Now all of a sudden when she has a lip gloss line almost in the works, she dumps her support group. She should be careful. That kind of action will come back to bite you in the butt REAL SOON. People who remember and see this will Not buy her product. If she wants to distant herself from the show, she should go to the producers and work out details to do that. I knew I wasn't crazy when I noticed great change in her and not in a good way. Who told her she was a diva of sorts. She has become so ugly to me now. Notice she blatantly lies on the show in her personal interviews now? Viewers don't like that. Also she should not have gone on the last vacation. It makes her look like a USER.

dan

Really? they are blaming Jennifer for trashing this show? Have they watched thier own show lately? Its turned in to a bully fest. They should sue Evelyn & Tammi for trashing thier show & Shaunie for letting all the bullying happen.

veshti

Who built up the integrity of basketball wives surely not vh1; Evelyn attacked Jennifer every time she saw her and vh1 producers sat back and enjoyed the cat fights. Evelyn is an old washed-up wannabe sex symbol with a grown daughter. She needs to prepare to be a grandmother in a few years and sit her ass down. By Jennifer retaliating against all the fighting now vh1 wants to sue her; your employer is not supposed to sit back and let their employees get physically abused, in order to get ratings. What can Jennifer possibly tell us about vh1 and these women that we didn't see televised for all to see.