Jessica Simpson

FINALLY POPS

Gives Birth to Baby Girl

5/1/2012 10:26 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

Jessica Simpson delivered her baby: Maxwell Drew Johnson
The Jessica Simpson baby countdown is finally over -- because she just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl ... who weighed 9 pounds 13 ounces and measured in at 21.75 inches!!!

The kid's name is Maxwell Drew Johnson -- which is pretty normal by celebrity baby naming standards.

Jessica and her fiance Eric Johnson decided to use the name Drew because it's Jessica's mother's maiden name.

Jess just released a statement on her website ... saying, "Eric and I are elated to announce the birth of our baby girl Maxwell Drew Johnson."

"We are so grateful for all of the love, support and prayers we have received. This has been the greatest experience of our lives."

0501_simpson_footer2

Raejean

Lord, what does she plain to name the first boy: Lolita?

Ruth Gaudreau

I would love to try out these products, but is there another way I could pay for the shipping as I do not give my credit card number this way.

Thank you.

Ruth

There's a problem here

I'm not surprised the kid was so big considering the easy 80+ pounds of lard Simpson put on. My guess is the baby daddy will be gone soon because he's made his contribution. She can go back to her first true love now. Daddy Joe.

shirley

Congrats to you and Eric may ur lives be blessed and filled with joy and happiness alway's.

ShrinkWrap

For Hollywood, Maxwell is kind of normal. At least she didn't name her after fruit like Gwyneth Paltrow.

THE BEAVER

Raejean: about an hour ago

Lord, what does she plain to name the first boy: Lolita?

LOL Too damn funny! These stars should not wait until they're on pain killers (drugs), just about to give birth to name their babies.

Good thing women have babies, can you just see what names guys would put on them if spaces out or in pain? LOL

THE BEAVER

loopy or in pain, I should say.

bb

The name Maxwell Drew sounds like some darn 85 year old MALE British aristocrat. Yeah, whatever Jessica, congrats. At least the kid is out though I was getting so sick of reading about J.Simpleton and her big fat greedy elephant pregancy.

Tesla_Consulting

A baby girl. Maybe Karma really does exist?

THE BEAVER

Maxwell for a boy is ok, but since it was a little girl, I would have switched the name to.. Maxine.

THE BEAVER

You know some of the names people can put on their kids, I would have to hope they know self defense. LOL

I have heard worse than this before.

THE BEAVER

I am not surprise she didn't call her Johnson N. Johnson.
Good thing the daddy's last name isn't Padd, or she could have called her.. Max E. Padd. LOL

nteplitz

Jessica Simpson's baby looks just like her! http://www.omdoubleg.com/entertainment/jessica-simpsons-baby/

Lydjoys

For everyone who thinks you HAVE to eat like a pig in order to have a large baby -- that simply isn't true... I walked 12 miles a day and worked in a position where my lunches had to be short and sweet, ate normal sized dinners, and gave birth to a 10 pound 4 ounce baby naturally. Granted though my legs and face were tiny, not swollen like hers... My belly was just huge. And I think she begged about eating whatever she wanted...which is stupid...lol. But just wanted to addy two sense that you can't always predict pregnancy or why a baby is enormous... (and FYI, my first baby was 6 lbs 13 ounces, and my third was 8 lbs 11 ounces and I ate FAR more with them than I did my 10 pounder)

Erin

I am pretty sure that Maxwell can go either way. 9 pounds is a healthy weight for a baby, my daughter was 8 pounds. With girls you tend to gain more weight so 70 pounds gained is nothing.. she will work it off fast with all the money she has.