Robin Williams

Secret Comedy Show

in Hollywood

5/3/2012 8:47 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Robin Williams dropped by a small comedy club on Sunset Blvd
Cool thing happened in Hollywood last night ... when Robin Williams dropped by a small comedy club on Sunset Blvd. unannounced ... and asked if he could perform.

It all went down at a place called Meltdown Comics -- which hosts a small comedy event every Wednesday night. We're told Robin walked in ... grabbed the mic ... and busted out a set for roughly an hour.  Sources at the show tell us ... Robin KILLED IT.

It's not unusual for big time comics to drop in to small venues and secretly test out new material before a tour ... or a special. We called Robin to find out if that was case with last night's impromptu set ... so far, no word back.

FlamingoNut

Years ago I went to a club in NYC. Rich Hall showed up, unannounced, and got booed off the stage. He was AWFUL. I would've love to have had Robin Williams show up; the man is insanely funny.

Rhubino

What's with the creepy little baby behind him? I'd have been really distracted if I was in the audience.

Phreaky

I love when big stars do this, kinda makes them seem down to earth.

Rachie

OMG I'm SOOOOOOOO jealous! That would have been great!

Tim

That guy has always gotten on my nerves. Never understood what is so funny about him or his act.

Cheryl A.

I agree with commenter #7, TM. I just don't get him. He talks to fast and kind of garbled and seems like he has no train of thought. Only when he is scripted can I understand him.

bigcid

Lucky Bastards. Talk about being in the right place at the right time.

b.mclane

Too bad he took up time that a true comic could use. He has been living off his old Mork reputation for decades. A Johnathan Winters knock off at best and a hypo Liberal jerk.

DaveT

TMZ changes:
---
The good: Stories load a little faster, comments load a little faster, there's more to choose from on front page, more stories
---
The bad: COMMENT WINDOW IS TINY AND THE TEXT IS SO SMALL I CAN BARELY SEE IT AS I TYPE
This one really sucks. I'm bending my neck 4 inches closer to see this text.
Very unlikely that I will want to continue to leave comments on TMZ.
I have 20/20 vision...what's it like for people with vision problems?
I predict TMZ will lose a lot of website/page hits because many people will stop leaving comments.
Did I mention the text is REALLY TINY :D

dave

He did this is San Francisco last February. I was sitting front and center, then we walked back to our cars together chatting cause we're both heart surgery veterans. Awesome guy.

ShrinkWrap

If I were a struggling comic who was scheduled to go on that night, and didn't get to because of him, I would be super pissed, especially since Robin hasn't been funny in years. Funny looking, maybe but not comically.

Joao

Robin Williams is not funny, never was funny--just stupid, if you like stupid. He's a nutcase and has essentially been blacklisted in Hollywierd because nobody wants to tolerate his creepy, diva antics. The star struck audience would have been as excited if Rin Tin Tin had made an appearance.

Bob L

Sorry- I stopped liking him after he cheated on his sweet wife with their babysitter and then he dumped his wife and married the babysitter.
I guess the babysitter has now divorced him. I hope he is now a lonely man.

SusanCoyote

Oxygen thief!

static

Robin Williams has NEVER been funny .

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments