« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Junior Seau

The Frantic 911 Call

'My BF Just Shot Himself'

5/4/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_seau_audio_launch
TMZ has obtained the horrific 911 call placed by Junior Seau's girlfriend moments after the NFL legend shot himself in the chest Wednesday morning at his Oceanside, CA home.

Junior's GF Megan Noderer (below) is so hysterical during the call she can hardly speak -- claiming she had just returned from the gym (around 10AM) when she discovered Junior's bloody body.

Megan Noderer, former girlfriend of Junior Seau
Megan tells the dispatcher, Junior wasn't breathing when she arrived and had appeared to have shot himself "in the heart."

Authorities responded and attempted to revive Seau, but life-saving efforts were unsuccessful. Seau was pronounced dead on the scene soon after. He was 43.

Seau's family claims he exhibited no signs of depression before his death -- but has since donated his brain to be studied for concussion research.

As we previously reported, the manner in which Seau killed himself -- gunshot to the chest -- is leading many to believe he wanted to leave his brain intact so researchers could study the long-term effects of concussions sustained in the NFL.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Johnny Carcinoma

Has she been cleared/investigated?

debbiedoesnothing

I'm bawling my eyes out listening to that poor girl. I wish you guys didn't post stuff like this - she deserves some privacy to grieve.

Mary P

****in tacky TMZ to put this on auto-play. Really ****ing tacky.

CJ

Man, poor girl...

6one9

Geeeeeeeeeeze TMZ
JR isn't even buried yet
YOU POS!!
You guys really FLUCKING SUCK!!

aquanet

OK enough TMZ. Harvey if it was someone in your family that died like this would you want this to be posted on a gossip site. Christ did you see his poor mother on the news?! Does she or the rest of his family really need this out there?

Enough with the 911 calls.

Shouldn't you all be kiss a Lard-assian's ass about now?

Muppet

I refuse to listen. I don't think it is appropriate for people to listen to 911 calls.

Heidi859

OBVIOUSLY she's HYSTERICAL!!!!!! Idiots...

maryl

Come on TMZ... as a frequent visitor to your site these clips are the ones I DONT LIKE TO HEAR... it is sad to hear that Jr. took his life in the way he did, but out of respect for his family and people who want to remember the POSITIVE THINGS that Seau has done....TAKE IT DOWN.

Come down to San Diego and film a tribute and highlight him for who he was and what he has done for our city...DONT POST STUFF LIKE THIS.

We understand this is news, but this man meant a lot to San Diego and the people are hurting. SD has united to mourn for his family, but this adds salt to a open wound.

RIP#55- Gone too Soon...

Holly

Agree with Maryl, Take this down. It's very disrespectful.

Deelight

May comfort find this family and all the lives he touched. JR will never be forgotten.. <3

Tim

Really putrid to put this up...I'd suggest taking it down, lest you want to lose a chunk of your audience and become further disrespected by news outlets...No reason something so personal should be on here. No reason.

HamptonsHarry

****ed up tmz

Straight Talkin Texan

I'm really disppointed that he would do that when he could logically presume that his girlfriend would find him. I haven't listened to the audio because I don't want to "pry" into her sorrow. I'm sad for her though that she had to go through that nightmare.

Becki

Really thinking about why I watch your show and read here .. yes I listened and wished I didn't . .I had no right to listen to her grief.

Please AT LEAST shorten the play - there is no need for "us" to hear that.

Please think about taking it down.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments