« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Junior Seau

The Frantic 911 Call

'My BF Just Shot Himself'

5/4/2012 1:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0502_seau_audio_launch
TMZ has obtained the horrific 911 call placed by Junior Seau's girlfriend moments after the NFL legend shot himself in the chest Wednesday morning at his Oceanside, CA home.

Junior's GF Megan Noderer (below) is so hysterical during the call she can hardly speak -- claiming she had just returned from the gym (around 10AM) when she discovered Junior's bloody body.

Megan Noderer, former girlfriend of Junior Seau
Megan tells the dispatcher, Junior wasn't breathing when she arrived and had appeared to have shot himself "in the heart."

Authorities responded and attempted to revive Seau, but life-saving efforts were unsuccessful. Seau was pronounced dead on the scene soon after. He was 43.

Seau's family claims he exhibited no signs of depression before his death -- but has since donated his brain to be studied for concussion research.

As we previously reported, the manner in which Seau killed himself -- gunshot to the chest -- is leading many to believe he wanted to leave his brain intact so researchers could study the long-term effects of concussions sustained in the NFL.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

steph

PLEASE take this off your website. SO sad

Spencer B in MD

Heartbreaking... No pun intended. Well maybe :)

Sarah

I think it is unfortunate that any news outlet uses 911 calls for ratings. I was a victim of a crime and my 911 call was CHILLING and even the police officers had a hard time listening to it. I think there should be a law that doesn't allow these things to be used for news stories. I understand that they give stories extra drama, but come on. The people who made those calls or even ones who've been in similar situations have to re-live that moment everytime they hear that call or 911 calls in general and just should not be allowed to be used for "ratings".

Cday138

I don't know why you all would post that. you try and say you all are better than the Equierer, and trash mags like that, but your not. your just the same. Nothing good could come from you all posting this, and I know for a fact all of you there are going to hell. Each and every one of you are bottom feeders that rely on others misorey, and pain to make your living. I am discussted by all of you.

nancy

I refuse to listen as well. I don't think it is appropriate for people to listen to 911 under these cir***stances.

D.W. Baker

It is sad when anyone commits such such a thing as this, regardless who they may be. Studying one's brain will prove nothing and it is insane and the height of pride and ignorance to believe so. Why do people take their own life? Obvious for different reasons, but the main reason is this: self love that's out of control. They want to hurt others who they feel do not love them as much as they love themselves. Studying one's brain cannot reveal sin that our fallen nature lives under and is control by. Men like Junior, have lived all their life being loved and praise and almost worshipped as gods, and when that is gone, it leaves a big void in their life, that they cannot coupe with, thereby, taking their life is their way out of the world they are now living in.

thom oktavec

Calls like this just don't need to be made public. This poor girl has to witness what must have been a terrible scene and TMZ thinks this is important to let people hear. Have some common sense and respect... oh, wait, this is TMZ

Steve

What a ****ing *******. What's the matter, fame too much for you?

LeonaandAlex

Please allow this family to grieve and out of respect take this down. Its very heartwrenching for any family member whether celebrity or not to endure a loss of life. Show more respect for the family!

My condolences to the family for their loss...

Susie

Hey TMZ - check out the Seau Foundation on FB for photos.

filipo sau

SHE NEEDS 2 BE QUESTIONED BECAUSE I DNT THINK THAT HE WOULD DO THAT 2 HIMSELF...I NOE MY UNCLE WAY 2 WELL 4 HIM 2 DO THAT...WELL SEE!!!!

dina

you should not post this its too private and a horribly personal tragedy. He'll be missed. RIP

Lynn Watters

This is just sick...in this day and age of 'instant' news...this does not mean this is news worthy. You people disgust me. This is tragic and a private issue. What happened in our country that NOTHING is held 'sacred' and I'm my no means religious. But it has to start, when the news media doesn't exploit every little nuance of a person's life. Damn, have a little dignity....

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7