Mitchell Guist

Dies in Louisiana [Update]

5/14/2012 9:58 AM PDT UPDATED: 5/14/2012 4:11 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
Exclusive Details

0514_swamp_people_mitchell_guist

update_bar
10:19 AM PDT --
Law enforcement sources tell us ... Mitchell was out in his boat along the Belle River ... when he "fell." Witnesses say he appeared to have been suffering from a seizure.

We're told another person on the boat returned the vessel to the dock and called 911. Emergency personnel responded to the scene and transported Mitchell to a nearby hospital ... but it was too late.

12:15 PM PDT -- A rep for the History Channel tells us, "We are extremely saddened to report that our friend and beloved member of the Swamp People family, Mitchell Guist, has passed away earlier today. Mitchell passed on the swamp, doing what he love."

4:11 PM PDT -- The 911 call, placed moments after Mitchell Guist fell, was just released to a local news station. According to the caller, Mitchell had a seizure then went into cardiac arrest.

051412_swamp_people_911_launch
0314_divider_graphic
Mitchell Guist
-- one of the bearded alligator-hunting brothers featured on the reality show "Swamp People" -- has died.

According to WBRZ.com, Mitchell was discovered at 9 AM in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana.

Law enforcement sources tell us ... someone tried to perform CPR on Guist ... but attempts to resuscitate the reality star were unsuccessful.

051412_guist_swamp_people_launch
Sources close to Mitchell tell us ... Guist had recently fallen ill ... but the nature of his illness is still unclear.

Story developing ...

0514_mitchell_guist_footer

barnyardhumor

I have watched Swamp People and I have watched The Kardashians. At least Swamp People earn their living honestly and work hard unlike the Kardashians. My thoughts and prayers are with Glenn. RIP.

Eggman

Glenn, I am so sorry to hear of Mitchell's passing. RIP, Mitchell

harold burns

Yeah Mitchell will be missed....

tracy webb

sorry to hear about the loss of mitchell from swappeople love that show. him and his brother always made me and my hubby laugh.. our thoughts and prayers go out to his brother and the rest of the his family..

tracy webb

sorry to hear that mitchell has died i loved watching him and his brother they were ao funny. the show wont be the same but i will still watch. my prayer and thoughts go out to his brother and the rest of his family..

tracy webb

sorry to hear the loss of mitchell and prayers and thoughts go out to his brother... i loved watching him and his brother always made us laugh and made the show.. but i hope his brother is doing alright..

Leonard Jones

RIP MItchell GOD NEED U TO CATCH ALLIGATOR GAR @ SMOKE THEM GLEN JUST SAY HE IS IN A BETTER PLACE

Adam

I hate that Mitchell died he and his brother was the great ones(RIP) Mitchell and ill be thinking about the Guist family

dtox

you are loved, envied and missed....you lived the life so many of us wish we could live...R.I.P. and may peace and comfort come to your family..

Raymond Brophy

Sorry about you're loss. I lost my highly decorated military father just a week ago and I know the pain. He like me enjoyed the outdoors. Looks like you need a new gator man. That's me. Get back to me if interested. We will do well. My payers to Mitchell.
Rb.

sharla

So sad, my heart and prayes go out to his brother Glenn and his family... God bless them all

roseman

you people that judge someone from how they look should be ashamed

Dianne

we will miss him. I realy like the show will keep the family in our prayers

susana

have respect for it could happen to any of us rip gator swamp guy ill miss watching him and his brother cracking up together

Betty Caswell

I cannot believe some of these comments. I love that show and I feel so sad for his brother. I watch every show and totally enjoy all of the people who show all us how hard it is to make a living in the swamps. Their life is real, and I wish that all of us could be as happy and content as those familys are. We can all learn a lot if we will attempt to have the lives they have. The whole bayou sticks together and help each other. May he R.I.P. and he WILL BE MISSED!