Britney Spears

Big 'X Factor' Announcement

5/14/2012 3:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051412_xfactor_judges_launch
It's the biggest TV news in a long time -- Britney Spears officially signing on to judge the next season of "X Factor" for $15 MILLION -- but Brit looked nervous during the big announcement today.

Simon Cowell made the announcement moments ago at the Upfronts in New York -- publicly unveiling the two newest judges on "X Factor" ... Britney and Demi Lovato.

But unlike Demi, Britney sort of pulled a poker face when Simon called her name.

And when Britney briefly spoke, she sounded nervous, saying, "I am so excited about this whole experience. It's gonna be so much fun and so different from anything I've ever done and I'm ready to find the true star." Demi added, "I am totally stoked to be here!"

Yeah, we bet you are.

Ashley

Should have kept Cheryl Cole

Jeremy LePrieur

I would argue that Britney has sold 20x more albums than Nicole and Paula combined and Demi could actually win the show if she was a contestant. That being said, Simon might be losing his curent audience by trying to tap into a different audience.

D Alexander Toluca Lake

She is bipolar and now medicated.

Can she put in an entire season without a script nor lip-syncing and able to make insightful comments on her own??

Time will tell.

dane

I sincerely hope she does okay on the show... she looks so defeated, it makes me sad :(.

Shelley

Like it or not...Britney has the x-factor! All the negative comments are from ignorant people!

Toilethead

I'm crapping my pants in anticipation.

Shelley

Yal need to watch some of Britney's old video's, concerts and all her Pepsi commercial's! She's gifted with creativity. Michael Jackson even said so, with her dancing. The only reason why she lips sings is because she's always dancing. when it come's to live performances, nobody can do it like Britney! check out some of her video's...she wouldnt be the princess of pop for nothing!

Shelley

boricua4669

I think the show is gonna be a failure, but not because of Britney, but because the show is boring comparing to American Idol or The Voice ! Actually, American Got Talent is more enjoyable than this show ! the novelty of watching Britney is gonna give good ratings the first episodes, but is gonna fade soon !

Big mistake of Simon, have left American Idol !

Jeff Portlance

It's just to bad Britney can't sing. I will admit she can put on a "Show" but lets her sing a song minus all the digitized instruments. So then my question is this, who is she too judge talent? She was a product of the Mickey Mouse Club and had the looks not the voice.

Jeff Portlance

It's just to bad Britney can't sing. I will admit she can put on a "Show" but lets hear her sing a song minus all the digitized instruments. So then my question is this, who is she too judge talent? She was a product of the Mickey Mouse Club and had the looks not the voice

Impressed

Britney is going to be the biggest superstar to have ever become a judge on a TV show. Britney will also be the highest paid judge. Britney HAS THE X-FACTOR, that is why she was chosen as a judge on a show called THE X-FACTOR!

Haters will continue to hate..

Dalter

According to the Professional Music Industry Critics that if a celebrity always has rumors, gossip, bad compliments, love them or hate them. It meas you truly star of the planet so I think Britney always experience the people who always critics her. She is so lovely, adorable and charming star ever.

virshi

she is going to have BRITISH accent again!!she is a bipolar how she can do this?

BoiledPeanuts

Good for Britney!

I'm glad she hopefully has found a chance to maintain a little bit of "normal" in her life. :-)