Jay-Z

I Support Gay Marriage

5/15/2012 8:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0515_jayz_obama_01
Jay-Z says he STRONGLY believes gay people deserve the right to get married ... claiming discriminating against a gay person is the same as discriminating against a black person.

Jay -- arguably the most powerful person in hip hop -- discussed the issue with CNN ... saying President Obama's decision to come out in support of gay marriage was "the right thing to do."

“I’ve always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love."

He continued, "That’s their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.”

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Babydoll0630

Blah blah blah.

EMP BITE ME

Good for you Jay z,now time to leave the limelight just for a second.

Ellen

I agree Jay Z!!!!

freaksloan

Who is Jay Z?

vroomvroom

this is not news...lots of ppl support gay marriage. From bitches and hoes to supporting gay marriage, jigga officially an intelligent man

St James III

I would have to disagree if you're just gonna leave the foundation of your argument as "you can do whatever you want to do in your home" and "you can love whoever you want to love". You need a little more than these open ended notions to provide foundation for your argument.

parlayer

Well Hell Then!!! That settles it!

Santo

While I support the right for gays to marry, I would prefer that political candidates spend their time talking about the economy. Everything else just feels like a distraction.

Wishbone

Oh...well...now that Joe Camel has given his approval, all is right with the world. Like anything this twerp says is relevent...give me a break!

jc123

Ohh k Obama and Jay Z support gay marriage must be the in thing to do.

MJFAN

Im so over gay topics! media and hollywood need to stop shoving it down our throats.

Marriage= Man+woman. This is how it is supposed to be

Lizzie

I totally agree, what you do in your home is your business. But keep it that way. It's kind of awkward going out to family places with my young boys, and having to explain to them why 2 grown men or women are making out in front of everybody.

Bu

Jim in Cali

easy for you to say when you already gay Jay.

Superman

Translation: Satan wants your soul. Sponsored by the Illuminati.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments