Jay-Z

I Support Gay Marriage

5/15/2012 8:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0515_jayz_obama_01
Jay-Z says he STRONGLY believes gay people deserve the right to get married ... claiming discriminating against a gay person is the same as discriminating against a black person.

Jay -- arguably the most powerful person in hip hop -- discussed the issue with CNN ... saying President Obama's decision to come out in support of gay marriage was "the right thing to do."

“I’ve always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love."

He continued, "That’s their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.”

jeff

I just erased all my Jay-Z songs from i tunes.

Kinnard

In most cases if a black person walks into a room they are immediately judged as a black person. In most cases if a gay person walks into a room they are not judged as a gay person until they let it be known that they are gay. With all do respect to all the fighters of the civil rights movement that lost their lives, were abused, etc...just because of the color of their skin...Please stop comparing the civil rights movement to the gay movement. To the young brother & sister in the news room...please do a little more research on the civil rights movement before you make comparisons...As I respect the fight of the gay community to get what is rightfully theirs to have, I just cannot accept the comparisons & statements made by people like Jay-Z and TMZ staff on this subject

freaksloan

Why because of Gay people we have to continue to change the definitions of words?

freaksloan

marriage -
the social institution under which a man and woman establish their decision to live as husband and wife by legal commitments, religious ceremonies, etc.

THE PUNISHIER

GAY-Z AKA ROCK A FELLOW RECORDS

ThirdFromTheLeft

And yet...
What a force for bringing bigoted Black and White idiots together in a common cause (hating queers).

LYNDA

This gay crap is getting outta hand! I think we have bigger things to worry about!!! I don't like what Obama has done during his first round, I know I've seen the polls that also were saying the same thing, but now since he's playing this Gay Card, He's the man!!! I call B.S.!!!! He knew what he was doing! He's wasting time when other more important issues are hitting us in the wallet and ppl losing thier homes!!!

haskel420

BEING GAY IS A CHOICE..

Christi

It is not the same thing.... You can NOT choose was race you are. But you CAN choose to be gay or not. You are born a MAN... you ARE a MAN... same as a WOMAN. Everyone has the right to believe what they want... yes I know. Then why is it I have to believe that you are born this way... but you don't have to believe that it is a choice you make. DO NOT push your beliefs on those of us who don't agree with you and we might not push so hard back. I am not going to go to hell for YOUR beliefs.

nothng2lose

In later news I support multi racial marriage. this topic is dumb be with who u wanna be with, gay straight whatever, it's called a relationship this will pass I remember me and my black wife always getting stares still do some but who cares just taboo being with same gender atm.

Frankie310cpt

jay z ur an idiot -.- smh stop using the discrimination card no one discriminates against black people anymore idiot its 2012 get over urself moron

ella seneres

Thank you Jay - Z for supporting gay marriage. I myself am not for marriage as an institution, but I will not oppose anyone else who wants to marry.

Roberta

so it's official, obama and jay z are going to hell! hurray!!!!!!!

crystal

I disagree. U can support gay marriage but don't compare it to descrimination of others based on race. A black person is born black and they cannot hide it or try to change it. Its not the same as being gay.

Vanessa

Yay....Go Obama and Go Jay-Z it's a good day to be a black girl today I'm so proud of you two"!!"!!