Jay-Z

I Support Gay Marriage

5/15/2012 8:52 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0515_jayz_obama_01
Jay-Z says he STRONGLY believes gay people deserve the right to get married ... claiming discriminating against a gay person is the same as discriminating against a black person.

Jay -- arguably the most powerful person in hip hop -- discussed the issue with CNN ... saying President Obama's decision to come out in support of gay marriage was "the right thing to do."

“I’ve always thought it as something that was still holding the country back. What people do in their own homes is their business and you can choose to love whoever you love."

He continued, "That’s their business. It's no different than discriminating against blacks. It’s discrimination plain and simple.”

Grouchy Smurf

Equating homosexuality with being black is asinine. Having black skin is not an aberration of nature. But being attracted to the same sex is an aberration of nature. Obviously Jay Z has some serious insecurities about being black.

Nova

1. sure ..gay rights is something that is holding this country back (being sarcastic) Wrong JZ. It is economy, lack of opportunities and upward mobility, contstatt stress at work to make ends meet. How would you know? you got bird's brain at best and you are being used by the powers to degrade more of your brothers-all for more money and fame

2.Right JZ. what they do in theis bedroom is their business and has nothing to do with any rights at all. This issue a created and is a non issue to divert attention from more important things that demand attention. but how would you know JZ-you ve got bird's brains

Bonnie

So what The President and Jay-Z support gay marriage. The only reason two men or two women wants to get married is because it's warp, and anything thats not wrop is not worth a fight. Gay people are backwards if you see light they see dark vs verse. Men and women have operations to have their sex changed, breast implants and they become women and men. Sounds more like the Frankensteins of the world greatest movie. I say let them get married. if men and women didn't get married then the gays would not want to get married. So warp.

bb600

I am starting to not like what Jay z stands for. He comes out with this statement that is not justified and not to mention how he does nothing for his community. His assistance with the stadium has displaced people and they even tore down peoples homes. He needs his own mind. I hats to say it but everyone knows how society will build u up and tear u down. He better watch it. This is for votes! Hope it works......

rodandmandalu

I am utterly disgusted. A predident had
To come forward to address this. Who are we to say what kind of love is good or bad. I'm proud to be from IOWA where we don't judge. We let the" I Do's" be up to the couple. I am not gay. Don't know any either. But proud we do not condemn love in any form!

rodandmandalu

I am utterly disgusted. A predident had

bobby washington

Well Since Jay Z Doesn't support Christ, its easy for him to support something God Is Truly Against. Peep this if every one turns gay tomorrow, then How Will The World Exist? The Devil is a liar and Jay Z is Too! Thats What The Devil Wants, To Pervert marriage! Comparing Gay Marriage to Black Discrimination is retarded! WHere in the bible where it says Black people should be discriminated against. And Where in the bible does God support homosexuality! If Obama Needs this to be president, Then I won't be voting for him, Jay z and Obama are from the same brother hood so they supposed to support each other.

testytwit

I have read more nonsensical comments on here than I have ever read anywhere. ^ case in point.

Ulamaa

Lucifer ina de House.........

Jackie

Ok...That's your opinion....Now how about you come clean that your wife was never pregnant?

Jackie

The biggest bigotries in the World are Arabs, Blacks and Asians. Whites are more less.

KenzieQ

Jay Z will have influence over the hip hop community which is AWESOME! But Obama has more influence over the whole country, which is also --AWESOME!!--

Buddylee

Jay-Z's statement make sense.

lol

Jazy=money

rhymes and reasons

If you like hip-hop, you might like my blog, Rhymes and Reasons. It’s a series of interviews with hip-hop heads who discuss their lives and a few songs that matter to them. Pretty powerful stuff. Check’em out here: