Feds:

Kim K Hocked

BOGUS Shoes

5/16/2012 8:43 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0516_kim_kardashian_skechers
The Skechers fitness shoes Kim Kardashian tried to convince you to buy don't actually work ... not even a little bit ... so says the federal government.

The Federal Trade Commission has determined Skechers made unfounded claims about its Shape-Ups shoes ... pushed by hot-bodied spokespeople like Kim K and Brooke Burke.

According to the FTC, Skechers lied about clinical studies which the company said proved the shoes help people lose weight and strengthen muscles in the ass, legs and stomach.

In fact, Skechers has agreed to pay $40 million in settlement costs ... and anyone who bought the shoes will be eligible for a refund.

Still, Skechers is reportedly disputing the FTC decision -- and plans to conduct more research on the effects of the shoe.

Sunset

I already knew this. Those shoes are ugly as sin! Much like Kim's soul.

Jackie

HA HA.....KARMA.....Selling a product without really testing it or have a long time experience with it... just shows how an idiot you're...oops!!....You're an Idiot already. Now from Credit Card to Skechers fraud..what's next Miss?

Mayu

if people think you can "get in shape" by simply wearing a pair of shoes, I have a bridge to sell you. Personally, I love these shoes because they're comfortable, and ever since a car accident I've had issues with the arch of my foot, and the shape ups are the only shoes that offer extra support. Plus, they have to do something. When I first wore them during my hikes, I started feeling muscles I never felt before.

HARRY NIPPLES, Jr.

A Kardashian lies for money? I thought they only $#@%ed for money.

Keith

Maybe you meant "hawked"

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

Kim will sell her soul...and her ass for a dollar so why is anyone surprised that she's hocking something that's been proven to be a fraud? I mean really.

Tek

Kim and the rest of her family will put their name on ANYTHING, with no regard of the quality of the product, as long as they can make a dollar off it.

PPC

Everyone already knew that Kartrashian is a fraud in everything she does. Now, that even includes her shoes. What a loser!!! I like Brooke Burke though

barnyardhumor

Just another example of how Kris Jenner and her daughters are taking the public for a ride. DO NOT BUY THEIR PRODUCTS OR WATCH THE SHOW!

Robin

Why do you have to hate on Kim K so much? Why isn't the headline Brooke Burke Hocked Bogus Shoes?

Justathought

Looks like Harvey is throwing out a few negative stories on Kim K because people were starting to say TMZ was on the Kardashian payroll! What do you think???

juggalo 6

Kimmy K should go to jail like that Don guy for pushing a fake product. Special treatment for non-famous people right here!!!

EJ

She shills diet pills that can kill people, these fraudulent shoes, a fitness video...why do people keep insisting she is so smart?

writenow

But that makes perfect sense since there's nothing about her that isn't bogus? Remember the so-called "Debit Cards" that really were tied to credit cards with exceptionally high interest rates? One thing though, the public is dumber than her for watching this stuff.

willie1

What? TMZ is posting a negative article on the Hodashian? I thought this was there NO #1 fan base site? Everyone keeps saying what a great business women she is...she's a f*ckin moron. She would probably endorse razor blade condems if someone flashed a check in front of her face.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments