Bobby Brown

Song for Whitney Houston

'Don't Let Me Die'

5/17/2012 6:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

051712_bobby_still

Bobby Brown has debuted a new song he wrote about life since Whitney Houston's death ... in which Bobby admits he "messed up pretty bad" and begs his late ex-wife ... "Don't let me die."

An emotional Brown -- sporting sunglasses and leather pants -- performed the song on "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno" ... featuring the lyrics, "I didn’t realize that every breath I took was from you ... You were my air.”

Brown also sings,"I guess I messed up pretty bad ... I didn’t know who you were ... I didn’t know what we had. Now I’m stuck living in the past ... trying to get the pieces back ... but I guess now you’re gone."

Brown is releasing the song on his new album, which drops in June ... just 4 months after Whitney died.

Flying Blind

Dam and I changed channels right before he came on Leno................. ha (good move now that I look back)

TXLady

Pretty bad if you ask me. Not imptrssed at all.

Everyones~A~Star

Still not done milking his deceased ex wife like a cash cow. "dont let ME die" ME ME ME ME ME ME ME. Its not about Whitney its about Bobbys relevance without her. "Dont let my career die" is what he really means to say.

KicksandGiggles

Oh brother. I would rather listen to a fat camel fart bricks in the desert than off key BB. I wonder how his current fiance/wife/baby mammas etc feel about all this "love" for Whitney...

Bridget

I stopped watching after Joel McHale and the animals. Oh well. I really have no idea how I feel about this, I'm conflicted.

northern gypsy

kudos to B.B.(not sure if it will sell)...however ...this is a decent way to try and earn $$$...unlike the pending houston reality show!!!

angeladunn2006

I'm on the fence here. You know sometimes you truly do not know what you are missing when they are still visible, perhaps the reality of her being gone effects him more than he thought. Or perhaps he's in for the publicity, either could honestly be the case. I think the off key was emotion so I give him a pass on that. The reality show he has is no different that Whitney's own mother, daughter and family having their own as well. Bobby was in the works with a reality show (along with every other washed up celebrity....note Shannon Doherty) only Bobby actually has a career and they are banking off their celebrity family member (Jackson's come to mind here). Like him or not isn't really the question cause again I'm conflicted about it but I certainly won't waste my time worrying over it either. The song if played on the radio might be pretty good so I won't change it but I think he deserve a second chance too.

Pudding Tang

about as weak as any of his brother's garbage... chris brown

DrDeMarzo

Seriously, is there any, just ANY singer out there who can actually sing LIVE and on key? This is dreadful. No wonder they all lipsync nowadays. It's a lost art to actually be able to sing. Oh, and Bobby, it's not about YOU. "Don't let ME die"???? wtf? How about, "It sucks that YOU died?" How can she let YOU die? She's dead. Oh, you must mean the ghost of Whitney coming after you with an axe? Got it. BB never had an ounce of talent, and neither do 95% of the "singers" out there.

Pudding Tang

obviously these talk shows have no 'quality control'

stu

zzzz He was talking not singing.
Bobby ur finished!

Smarg

Who told this [bleep] he could sing??

CriticXtreme

The song should have been "Don't Let Me Die...because there's too much cocaine left in the bowl". Your karma flow has you responsible for Whitney Houston's death. When you said I do, you should have ended that whole drug flow, let her be gay then left. But noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, you became a user and enabler. What you need to do is go away and stop capitalizing of the residual smell of her death. AND GET THAT GAP TOOTH FIXED!!!

tummy rockets

dont let me go broke. dont smoke all my dope. dont teach me to sing. dont talk all my bling.

Jimmy jamz

Ironic that bobbys voice sounds like Whitneys before she passed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments