Will Smith

ATTACKS Kissy Reporter

5/18/2012 12:23 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0_c8lrhloj_0_n7c4zbbm
Will Smith just slapped a Ukrainian reporter across the face at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" -- and it was all caught on tape.

The Ukrainian reporter tries to kiss Will on the lips on the red carpet and the actor angrily pushes him away and then backhands him across the face.

You can clearly see that Will is incredibly pissed that the guy showed overt affection toward him.

After Will slaps the guy, Will says, "He's lucky I didn't sucker punch him."

We're told the dude who kissed Will is a television reporter who often kisses celebrities -- it's his schtick.

For the record, Will just came out in support of gay marriage.

A source on scene tells TMZ, the reporter's mouth brushed up against Will's and that's why the actor reacted so violently. Despite the incident, Will stayed positive ... and happily continued to sign autographs for fans and do red carpet interviews.

mrcl

What's wrong with a kiss?

mrcl

What wrong with a kiss?

Katatafishyyy

How does this at all have anything to do with his stance on gay marriage? The guy invaded his space, Will tried to push him away but he wouldn't back up.. so he reacted the way I bet a lot of people would. He doesn't know that reporter, that's just disrespectful!

ManiacalZebra

There's a big difference between accepting gay marriage and having a stranger invade your personal space to plant what many consider to be an expression of love and/or passion on the lips.

I Was About To Say

My brothers cat walked up to my cat and licked him on the face, my cat swiped his cat with his claws and let out a fierce meowwwww. Translation: WTF do u think ur doing ahole?!

NTL

I don't even like my friends kissing my cheek...a hug is fine (and apparently ok with Will too since he allowed it) but the kissing thing is very personal to people. I don't care what country you live in, in this day age everyone knows this behavior is not accepted everywhere.

Smooth

"Thats how you suppose to slap, from now on thats how you slap"

SpeakTheWord

The slap was just a light back hand ...nothing wrong with that .

Regina

I don't blame Will Smith one bit for slapping that guy. I always have and always will like Will Smith and I can't wait to see MIB 3. To the people on here that are haters of him. He has done more for the 4th of July than anyone else has. I remember when there was a Will Smith movie coming out on the 4th every year. I wish they would have waited for this one to come out on the 4th too. And he is a good actor.
The poster who said to watch 6 Degrees of Seperation was correct. I also like Pursuit of Happyness and 7 Pounds also. Hitch was funny as h*** and all the MIB's were hilarious.
At least I can tolerate his movies and I don't begrudge him one cent that he makes because he makes movies pretty much that everyone can go see, I like him as a person too, so they can make all the cash they want too.
Now if it was Tom Cruise, that's a different story.

Abel

ATTACKS REPORTER? Really? At what point did Will ATTACK the reporter... who the hell wrote this headline?

Smooth

"Thats how you suppose to slap, from now on thats how you slap"

jeff

That's what somebody should have done to Wil for letting his daughter release that "whip my hair back and forth" song. The dude was wrong and Wil was right to smack him.

Sarah

Good for Will I would of done the same thing.You cant just go to someone and just try to force a kiss them especially as you can see they dont want to. I would certainly not want some stranger kissing me on my lips either. He handled it very well because I would give him a proper punch in the face.

yessir

Will should have punched him in the face. That's assault. He did not have Will's permission to kiss him. Two, Will doesn't know where that guy's lips have been. I wouldn't want him to kiss me either.

B-Rock

If I walked up to a girl on the street and tried to kiss her, should I be shocked if she presses charges for it?

Under the law, what the guy tried to do was "unwanted sexual advances." Like it or not, the law applies the same way whether you're a man kissing a woman, or a man kissing another man.

Besides, the headline saying Will Smith ATTACKS (make sure to get that in ALL CAPS!!!!!) is the overreaction to this.

I understand TMZ has an agenda here, but to call this an ATTACK is ridiculous.