Robin Gibb

Dead at 62

5/20/2012 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0520_robin_gibb_gettyRobin Gibb, one-third of the legendary group the Bee Gees, died Sunday after a long battle with cancer. He was 62.

His spokesperson released a statement that reads, "The family of Robin Gibb, of the Bee Gees, announce with great sadness that Robin passed away today following his long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery. The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time."

Gibb was diagnosed two years ago with colon and liver cancer. He had been hospitalized several times in the last few years, most recently last month with pneumonia.

Gibb was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1994 and the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three years later.

The soundtrack album to "Saturday Night Fever" was the top-selling album until Michael Jackson's "Thriller" took the title.

pj

damn so many legends are dying recently. RIP

John

I'm genuinely sad over this. All the greats are leaving us. RIP Robin. Donna the other day, Robin today, who's next? Don't want to think about it.

bjay

Recently saw a BeeGee special on bio and was truly floored by this talented group of brothers. Didn't realize how many other songs they wrote and sang besides Sat Night Fever. And now only one lone brother remains. How sad. Dirty rotten cancer takes too many too soon.

Rock Singer

Robin is gone but the music will always live on.

One of the greatest voices ever.

RIP RG

Laura

We will miss you Robin Gibb...I'll always treasure your voice forever...R.I.P...Your music will live on forever in our hears...

IceGypsy

Ahh Robin was such a talented, beautiful spirited man. Your suffering is over, may you Rest In Peace.

Yolanda Garcia-Berdecia

THIS IS SO SAD.

REST IN PEACE.

Yolanda Garcia Berdecia
San Juan, Puerto Rico

baretta

What a gift to be able to leave your mark on the world like he did with his music. I hope they were able to minimize his suffering. R.I.P.

rosebud

I love the bee gees r.i.p. Robin.Thank you for all of your music, made me feel good inside.

greg123

he was i great man

Fibb

I love you Robin Gibb, RIP, & Barry I hope your doing well, STAY STRONG........God Bless You......

News Flash

Aww what a sad day for the Gibb Family :(

realitychecker

RIP, Robin. My mother loved your music and bought every 8-track she could find back in the day. Great music, great memories.

Arcadia Rink