Robin Gibb

Dead at 62

5/20/2012 3:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0520_robin_gibb_gettyRobin Gibb, one-third of the legendary group the Bee Gees, died Sunday after a long battle with cancer. He was 62.

His spokesperson released a statement that reads, "The family of Robin Gibb, of the Bee Gees, announce with great sadness that Robin passed away today following his long battle with cancer and intestinal surgery. The family have asked that their privacy is respected at this very difficult time."

Gibb was diagnosed two years ago with colon and liver cancer. He had been hospitalized several times in the last few years, most recently last month with pneumonia.

Gibb was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1994 and the band was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame three years later.

The soundtrack album to "Saturday Night Fever" was the top-selling album until Michael Jackson's "Thriller" took the title.

sokolniki

martinsheenfan

RIP ROBIN. You gave us wonderful songs now it's time to sing with the Angels. My prayer to the family.

Annie

RIP Robin!

Truth

RIP bro...

Grandma Cracker

)-*;

Jt

Very sad that someone who wants to live dies from a deadly disease while other people waste their lives on alcohol and drug overdoses. Rest in peace Robin, you brought joy to millions, may heaven be your reward!!

diamondsareforever

RIP Robin. This is so sad, I was really hoping he'd pull through since he woke up from the coma a few weeks ago. He will be missed :(

Charles Botelho

God be with U. Me loves you songs... :(

CARLOS

THANKS FOR YOU MUSIC ROBIN. REST IN PEACE.

sue ellen

goodbye sweet music maker...........so very and truly sad. their music resounds in my heart as who i raised my daughter by and who made some bad days ..past... beautiful and less lonely. rest with love and know you did the world a great favor the day you decided to sing!
about a minute ago · Like · 1

Mookie~bit*h

Wow everybody's dieing this month lol

SayWhat

i guess he didn't ah ah ah ah stay alive

Jodi

Oh wow. Even though I know he was very sick I was hoping he would pull through since the last thing I heard was he had come out of his coma and was talking.

Another great talent gone. Him and his brothers were the best of the best. My heartfelt condolences to his family.

keepinitrealincali

"Saturday Night Fever" is still one of my all-time favorite albums. Robin, Donna, Whitney, Etta and all the other great musicians that have left us all too soon this year (and to think the year isn't even half way over!!!) are making beautiful music up there. RIP Robin, and my condolences to the family.