'America's Got Talent' Star

Nails Strip Moves

to Pay Rent

5/23/2012 12:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0523_alonso_launch
The "America's Got Talent" contortionist who blew away Howard Stern to advance to the next round ... is already making serious cash on the streets of Las Vegas, TMZ has learned.

In case you missed the episode ... Alonzo Jones, aka "Turf," wowed the 'AGT' judges with his double-jointed dance moves ... earning him a place in the Vegas round of auditions.

Turf tells TMZ he was so excited to get the green-light, he moved to Sin City early just to try some new moves as a street performer ... but he says people started recognizing him as "that guy" from 'AGT.'

Which is awesome ... 'cause the formerly homeless dancer says he's now raking in several hundred dollars a day in front of the casinos and can finally pay rent!

As for his fate on 'AGT,' Turf can't reveal whether he advanced past the 2nd round -- but based on the reaction in this video ... he's already got Vegas locked down.

cogboy

i could care less about street dancing or this show for that matter. my dvr happened to switch channels to record "the apprentice" so i caught just a tiny bit. but this kid blew my mind and then he made me cry! sandwiched between howard stern and donald trump, no less! awesome...

Bridget

I loved that guy on the show! He was great. I hope he makes it really far in the competition. He is very talented and so passionate about his craft.

But his act does beg the question. Just because someone can do something...does that mean that they should, lol. Poor guy is probibly gonna be walking like he's 100 by the time he's 40.

But if this is what he wants, nothing but well wishes and the best of luck to him. If he makes it far enough in the competition I will definetly be voting for him. He seems so sweet.

lord flashheart

Good for him.
He deserves it.
From a homeless man to a "star"
only in America (GT)

Truth

TBH, WHAT HE'S DOING AINT ANY DIFFERENT THAN WHAT PERFORMERS IN CIRQUE DU SOLEIL DO ALL THE TIME. YAAAWWWN!! #TRUTH!!

AndUKnowThisMan

THe kid got some mad skillz for sure!! I really admire his passion on AGT

Clytemnestra

From broke to flush and from nobody to sort of famous. Good for him. Keep it up, kid. This IS America and stuff like this happens.

parlayer

wish my girl could do that!!

Jdawg

I don't think he can go far,,not enough moves for a AGT run to the end. Does he report his income? Living in a Sec 8 Apt has its income limits.

burlbird14

The tax man will be knocking on your door dude

burlbird14

Tax man will come a knocking so be ready.

DaveT

I could use this guy around the house here when I'm up on the roof trying to clean out the eave gutters from a steep angle.

JulieB

This show is getting boring. Everybody has a sob story. There's a dozen categories of talent every single year: teen dance group, opera singer, country singer, rock singers, aerialist, pop-n-lock dancer, self-mutilators, bmx bikes, black light acts, trampoline basketball and magicians. I do find the comedians refreshing, but they never get far.
Now that I think about it, the guy who kills his genitals was hilarious, but see, we've never seen that act before!!

Kara

I stayed at Bally's Las Vegas this past week. He was right out front performing on the strip. It was very hard to watch in person!

Sonja

He really seemed like a nice guy with a big heart... glad he is seeing some positive things come from his audition.

Symian

Me, I was amazed by the walk he performed more than anything else. It was flawless. And considering the small amount of time he had to perform, cutting his act down to basically 30 seconds, I think he did a great job of showing various parts of his act. I look forward to seeing a more fleshed out performance. Perhaps that will convince more people here of his potential.