Will Smith Kisser

I APOLOGIZE

I Just Got Emotional

5/23/2012 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

052312_smith_reporter_launch
The Ukrainian reporter who tried to kiss Will Smith at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" last week just APOLOGIZED for the red carpet stunt -- saying, "I'm sorry, Will. It was a splash of emotion."

As we reported, the journalist in question -- a guy named Vitalii Sediuk who's known for kissing celebrities -- tried to plant a wet one on Will Smith at the red carpet event, and Will responded by slapping him in the face.

Now, Sediuk tells Hip Hollywood, "I do apologize for my behavior ... I think it was too much."

Sediuk says, "Will Smith is a person who I deeply respect as an actor ... When I met him in Moscow, I wanted to do something to impress him."

"We have a Slavic tradition ..." Sediuk continues. "I don't kiss every man or women when I see them in the street ... but that time I decided to do that."

He adds, "Next time, if I meet him, I'll just shake his hand."

_][ Character_Assassin ][_

At least Will cleared up that thing about him being "suspicious" and all that the website MediaTakeOut keep putting out. There you have it... Will Smith not gay.

♥TMZ but ...

I thought he was kissing him in the european way on both sides of the face
I did not see him trying to kiss him on the lips

Proud2bBlack

That seems like a sincere apology, Will should accept it. Water under the bridge. Poor guy go star struck

Louise

Nice move Vitalli - and a sincere one too, I'm sure. :)

Paul B

They should sue each other. Will to sue for sexual assault and Borat or whatever his name is should sue for assault. Then afterwards they could kiss and make up.

the truth

i dont understand why people these days think they can go up to anyone and kiss them. people go to far.

janet

Will Smith simply reacted. Never saw that coming. What the hell are you doing.

Granted they have to promote the movie and have to deal with all the press junkets and reporters asking the same stupid ass questions over and over again, ask any actor they hate it. But that's part of it.

Mark

"""The Hollyweird celebs need to be schooled on the customs of other cultures when visiting foreign countries"""

Will Smith has to learn the customs of every country around the world for what? So he knows to let strange men come up and makeout with him for cheap publicity?

It always makes me laugh when you hippie douches always assume the American is the one that has to learn everyone elses customs in any situation (and I'm not even American). I would think the international interviewer whose waiting in line to interact with the celebrity should have been the one to do his homework.
I think we all suspect he already knew the answer though.

mac the knife

lol.. he's lucky Jada wasn't around otherwise she would have decked him.. good & proper.

MrHarrybawls2010

You "deeply respect will smith as an actor"????!!! Wow, this guy has more problems then we think. Smith is not an actor-he's a goofball with an overinflated ego that got a lucky break. We are now held hostage to all of his bragging. fresh prince.....snicker

loe

Disgusting..but then Will is so funny ..by doing that bitch slap! haha

bellyman

Good lord say your sorry and end it already.

peoplearesilly

I'd have done more than slap him. I had it when people get in my personal space. Boundaries . . . . . use them people.

Bo

This dude is cute, I wouldn't had any issue if he kissed me, I'm very curious, if this was some hot woman, would Will slap her and/or allowed her to kiss him?

Dita Wildflower

What a graceful way to handle this whole situation. Very respectable and honest. I can respect that!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments