Will Smith Kisser

I APOLOGIZE

I Just Got Emotional

5/23/2012 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

052312_smith_reporter_launch
The Ukrainian reporter who tried to kiss Will Smith at the Moscow premiere of "Men in Black 3" last week just APOLOGIZED for the red carpet stunt -- saying, "I'm sorry, Will. It was a splash of emotion."

As we reported, the journalist in question -- a guy named Vitalii Sediuk who's known for kissing celebrities -- tried to plant a wet one on Will Smith at the red carpet event, and Will responded by slapping him in the face.

Now, Sediuk tells Hip Hollywood, "I do apologize for my behavior ... I think it was too much."

Sediuk says, "Will Smith is a person who I deeply respect as an actor ... When I met him in Moscow, I wanted to do something to impress him."

"We have a Slavic tradition ..." Sediuk continues. "I don't kiss every man or women when I see them in the street ... but that time I decided to do that."

He adds, "Next time, if I meet him, I'll just shake his hand."

JB

Will should've punched him in the mouth, a kiss on the cheek is too much from a stranger. It's not like they were good friends, def crosses the line.

sarah

Slavic tradition?! What bull****! He did it for publicity.

EastCoastChopper

wow...so a dude give you the euro kiss on the cheek...Not exactly the American cultural trend...but something that might happen when you cross the pond and are famous. Would this have been any different if it happened in Paris and it was Jean Reno kissing Will? LETS get real...WILL SMITH was in a gay panic when he slapped Vladimir dude.

Wash. Hts. Girl

He's creepy...and basking in publicity. He knew exactly what he was doing in trying to lay one on Will Smith. Yechs.

O_o

it was kind of a shame that will reacted that way. it looked to me like traditional cheek to cheek kissing - and someone like will, who i would hope at least aware of such a tradition. kind of shows will's true character. he's pretty arrogant. that's right, will smith is arrogant. NOW YOU ALL KNOW.

JB

Let's face it, he's still homophobic. Ellen wimped out by not bringing it up during her interview with him, not to chastise him but give him a chance to show that it's not a man-kissing phobia.

Derwood

Too bad Will wasn't wearing his 2 Chainz "four-fingered ring."

Pw121982

Dude...this will be hella funny when will is outed! I mean he acts like he didn't like it but I bet he had the dude come to his hotel room after...he's so gay it so obvious...jada and will should win oscars for their performance as straight human beings!

AISHA

OMG IT'S THE REAL BRUNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AISHA

OMG IT'S THE REAL BRUNO!!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4