Justin Bieber

Battery Suspect

5/28/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0528_bieber_gsi
Justin Bieber
is a suspect in a criminal battery ... law enforcement sources tell TMZ.

Justin was in Calabasas, where he lives, just after noon Sunday at a mall called The Commons.  A paparazzo attempted to take Justin's picture and, according to law enforcement, some sort of physical altercation erupted between Justin and the camera guy.

The photog called 911, and when cops arrived Justin and GF Selena Gomez had already split.

The photog complained of pain to his upper torso, an ambulance was summoned and he was taken to a local hospital where he was examined and released a short time later.

The photog filed a police report naming Justin as the culprit. Cops are investigating the incident as a misdemeanor battery.

Law enforcement tells us detectives want to speak with Justin, Selena and any other witnesses.

We placed a call to Justin's rep ... so far, no comment.

update_bar
We're told several witnesses at the scene say after the altercation, a lawyer walked up to the photog and said he could get a lot of money out of the incident and advised the dude to call for an ambulance and file a police report.

Witnesses also say the photog had been blocking Justin's car as the singer was trying to leave.  Justin got out of the car and asked the guy to move away but he wouldn't, and a scuffle ensued.

lildopey

I'm confused. A)Did Biebs take his right shoe off? Where is it? Did he throw it at the dumb photog? B)What up with those pants? Looks like MC Hammer, a cabbage patch doll and a homeless person got together and made them!

Ernest De Brew

Justin Bieber should report and sue the photographer for harassment.

No one really gives a...about that photographer and the lawyer too.

wendy

The paps need to learn to leave the stars alone when they want to be alone. Geez this is pitiful, stupid pap, I feel the same with with all famous people. It is a shame really to resort to this type of tactics.

Greg

it looks like victor ortiz is now a papparazzi.

Bubbles The Chimp

That paparazzo should be ashamed for being assaulted by that little a-hole.

Justin

so the lesbian thinks she's tough all of a sudden...I guess the photog didn't want to hit a girl

ValVal

My only question is... where's his other shoe?

JugEars McKenyan Sr..

I'm glad to see him stick up for himself and as I think I said even here, I can't stand these celebs of today but you get in their world without invite they have all the right in the world to kick anyone's azzzz as everyone knows it's a cottage industry out there snappin pics of these people hint hint tmz although I think the stars and this site work together but that's a different rant. Stay out of their lives and stop trying to get rich with the shot of them picking their nose or azz or what have you......that being said, what the fluck is with this little ghetto clown suit that mo is wearing? If I was his dad I'd take him in the other room and make him put on some white man's clothes. What a moron. He looks like a clown, check them socks out.. She was probably embarrassed to be with him because of what he was wearing more than anything. I would be. Put a polo shirt and jeans on you mo.

Level34

I guess he's tired of being known as a little puss- bag. Now he's hanging out with pro boxers, to TRY and change his whipy image...

alice57

HAHAHAHAHAHA I hope Justin goes to jail. Stupid kid

Cameron

haha i saw this happen, work at a place in the commons, ass holes werent letting him leave, wish justin whooped his ass. no way this will go anywhere in court

Really

Go Justin, who do these guys think they are they instigate and harass and cry foul when things escalate. They are the ones who should have charges filed.

Nicole

Justin....those are some ugly ass pants and an ugly ass car.

Tammy C

I HATE AMBULANCE CHASING IDIOTS!!! THAT PHOTOGRAPHER IS AN ASS!!!! I HOPE JUSTIN KICKED HIS ASS!!!

frank

it looks like Justin was photo shoped in. His foot isn't touching the ground???