Will Smith

Raps Again for Awesome

SUMMERTIME Remix!!!

6/8/2012 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

060712_smith_audio_launch
We guarantee Will Smith is about to make your head bob, because he's re-recorded the magical words -- "Here it is the groove slightly transformed" ... yes, it's for a remix of "Summertime."

TMZ obtained a snippet of Big Willie's return to the rap game -- one minute and ten seconds of awesomeness that he laid down to intro "Summertime 3" ... a new mixtape by DJ Jazzy Jeff and Mick Boogie.

The track will be available for download on June 11.

We're told Will the Fresh Prince was amped to record the all new, smoothed out version of the 1991 classic. He and Jeff are still tight even though they haven't done a CD together since 1993.

060712_will_smith_music_video_launch
You know you're bobbing your head right now.

Bridget

Wow they slowed it down. Trying to make "Summertime" sexy. Tsk Tsk what would Aunt Viv say?

psjimmy

UG! Give it up Will !!

Zombie Whitney Houston

He sounds like he's on the toilet.

Kabala

Ugh - not destined to be a hit...

Celeb Gossip Addict

I'm sure you knew that we would not be bobbing our heads to an unfinished snippet on which Will is clearing his throat and it sounds like the part that was gong to be differant from the original was just about to begin when it cut off. My guess is Will will be unhappy that it got out.

Tigers Wood

Sorry, but I just can not stand looking at this unattractive man or his voice.

Truth

THIS SUCKS AZZ!! SMH. A FAILED AMERICAN IDOL AUDITION. SLOWING IT DOWN SOUNDS EXACTLY LIKE A FORMER 43 YR OLD WANNABE RAPPER. #TRUTH!!

Regina

Umm, what do I say about this??? The portion I heard SUCKED. And I love Will Smith and I loved this song. I surely hope this was a demo and not the actual recording going out to the public,
The only thing I liked about this "sample" was the slow 70's type music. Will tried to hard to sound like Barry White.

sheila

VOMITOUS

anony

Sorry, Will.
We haven't forgotten that you're still gay.

parlayer

"Hot-Damn I can hardly wait to hear dis crap" Rap=crap, smith?? just another ---------!

Cashmere

Well to all you haters....I liked the old and can't wait for the new. Brings back alot of memories of weekends skating with the Central Park Skaters and skating in Wolman Rink....not to mention The Rink in Jersey years ago. Hate on....

Sloane

wonder if he'll start rapping again in order to tour for a while- hitting major cities- with the main purpose behind it all actually being to promote the 2 kids in their careers???
if so- couldn't pay me enough to go!

HRH Prince Michael

"..forget that Roswell crap, show love to the black...suit.."
Noted. DULY, noted.

Latch Johnson

Had to listen to it twice. Wasn't even sure it was Will the first time because he was trying to use a deep voice. I miss the high pitched fresh prince.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments