Lindsay Lohan

My Brakes Failed!!!

6/10/2012 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0609_lindsay_lohan_tmz_carLindsay Lohan is now telling friends the brakes on her rented Porsche DIDN'T WORK and that's why she slammed into the back of an 18-wheeler ... TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, in the moments following the accident, Lindsay claimed the semi-truck cut her off ... and that is what caused the accident. The driver of the truck told TMZ that was not the case and has witnesses to back up his tale.

According to our sources, Lindsay is sticking with the "truck cut me off!!!" story, but with a twist ... she claims she slammed on the brakes ... but nothing.  And get this ... somehow Lindsay says she was told the brakes on the rental were replaced two days before the crash.

Lindsay is telling people she feels lucky to be alive, having only suffered cuts and bruises ... no serious injuries.

Considering her driving history, one of these days ... well, let's just say she needs a driver.

0609_lindsay_lohan_crash_gallery

Squatting Thunder

Your Honor Her crotch ain't on fire cause the bitch ain't no liar

peoplearesilly

Pathological liar. She never changes.

Nancy

This girl is an accident waiting to happen. Best be very careful Lindsay. Your nine lives are dwindling down . . . .

Heron

More lies and ever changing stories. What else is new?

Squatting Thunder

Your Honor I would like to present as evidence exhibits A and B miss Lohan's left titty and miss Lohan's right titty. I rest my case.

ihateskanks

I'm 100% certain if she was a regular person she would have had her license revoked forever by now. I think it's time that happens. She shouldn't be able drive anymore, she's going to end up killing someone

happyday

Isn't it pretty much ALWAYS your fault if you hit someone from behind? Just like if your backing up and a wreck happens--YOUR fault. Even if he cut her off or stopped short (ha ha), you're supposed to keep a safe enough distance and speed to be able to react in time to avoid accident, sooooooo her fault. And brakes failed--please, that can be proved or not by examination, and that's totally not going to be true.

Bearcat34

I hope karma comes back to bite her. After all her frivilous idiotic lawsuits she files because she's no longer a viable comodoty in Hollywood, this could be the BIG ONE. I hope Porsche sues for defamation. I hope the rental dealership does the same thing since she's making it sound like the upkeep is nonexistant. I hope the truck driver sues for lost wages because I'm sure he won't be allowed to drive until he's cleared of any wrong doing. And I hope this pathetic movie drops her and sues her for compensation for breach of contract, and lost shooting time. Granted she has zero money to go after, it would just be more money she doesn't have to pay her IRS debt. Federal Court ain't as easy as the moronic CA courts. Couple years in Fed. Prison would finally put an end to this pathetic, drug addled, crack rotted teeth bimbo for good.

IceGypsy

buying it? what she realized there was no possible way to blame this guy, so now it's the breaks. Yah okay. When are you going to grow up Lindsay, and just take responsibility for your actions. If you would just do that, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

Eric

She was speeding!

logan

Has she tweeted Pres. Obama for help yet? What a waste. Ungreatful twit. Been given so many opportunities, throws them all away because she is a spoiled, self-centered, egotistical, drug laden, booze soaked, uneducated a**. Of course the accident will not be her fault. The justice system is tired of seeing her jacked up face in court. They are waiting for her to kill herself or kill someone else before they bother with her.

ManiacalZebra

She hit the brakes and nothing happened? I thought she said she wasn't driving.

Ih8Taxes

Riiiiiggght...and the dog ate my homework too. I'll never understand how this POS still gets work, even it is only Lifetime Network.

Cat

Please put us out of our misery and send her away to a deserted island where she can never be heard from again. She is sickening and a waste of time and money. Worthless.

shdwfx

Girl just needs to stop driving.