Henry Hill

'Goodfellas' Mobster

Dead at 69

6/13/2012 6:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

Henry Hill has died at the age of 69.
Henry Hill -- the former mobster whose life story became the basis for the movie "Goodfellas" -- died today at the age of 69 ... TMZ has learned.

TMZ spoke with Hill's girlfriend Lisa ... who told us Hill passed away in an L.A. hospital Tuesday after a long battle with an undisclosed illness.

Lisa tells us, "He had been sick for a long time ... his heart gave out."

We're told Hill had focused on mending relationships with estranged family members in recent years ... and Lisa tells us he had made tremendous progress before he died.

Hill leaves behind two children.

Hill was famously portrayed by Ray Liotta in the 1990 classic "Goodfellas."

Hill's exploits in the mob world were legendary -- but he prided himself on reforming later in life ... and became a frequent guest on the Howard Stern show.

Jay W.

He was generally a good guest on Stern.
"I know I'd go from rags to riches...." RIP

Jen

RIP Henry.

Ba ba booey.

Becca

RIP, hope he made amends with God before crossing over.

NevadaDirtRider

Wow when I read this I was watching "Goodfellas".....RIP

jeff

"So I'm a funny guy?" "What am I, like some sort of f ck ng clown?" " I amuse you?" "What the hell did I say that was so f ck ng funny?"

pink floyd

RAT !!!!!!!!

JC30

I wonder if Lisa G ever got Henry that Caramel Macchiato...

bkwardstraveler

Very sad to read. Goodfellas has got to be the epitome of mob movies, better than the Godfather movies, IMO. I wonder what Mr Liotta will have to say.
RIP Henry.

kindread114

I'm gonna go get the papers,get the papers. RIP Henry.

soobeedoo

What's wrong with you Henry? Your not normal!!! RIP Henry.......

Joey Boots

Damn just found out - Henry and I were good friends always getting together on his trips to NYC - Notwithstanding his past at a much younger age, Henry was a kind yet very troubled man - The last years of his life with Lisa he has been the happiest I have known him and he was sober for the most part. I will miss my pal and am glad I have some of his great paintings to remind me of him and which gave him lots of joy creating.

gimmeshelter

Gonna go to YouTube and watch the Billy Batts bar scene while listening to Donovan's 'Atlantis'...'now, go get your f*****g shine box!" RIP

parlayer

Great news!! I'd like to hear the same about our zulu chief

Michelle

It's sad to learn of his passing, I hope his children had time with him before he went. Loosing a parent is hard and when that person is not a good person, is hard to live with and even harder when they are gone.

just my opinion

its funny how white criminals get glorified but black and latino criminals are demonized. gotta love the double standard in america. it's okay to glamorize a "sophisticated" murderer, drug dealer, etc etc.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments