Rodney King

Drinking, Smoking Weed

Before Drowning

6/17/2012 10:27 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0617_getty_rodney_kingRodney King's fiancée is telling friends Rodney had been drinking all day Saturday ... and had smoked weed in the hours leading up to his death ... sources close to King tell TMZ.

According to our sources, King's fiancée, Cynthia Kelley, is telling friends King was at the house all day drinking, and he smoked marijuana at some point, before she went to bed at 2:00 AM.

We're told Kelley says she next saw King at around 5:00 AM when she was awoken by him screaming in the backyard. Our sources say Kelley found King naked, banging on the glass, and she called out to him, "What's wrong, Rodney?"

Kelley is telling friends she then went to grab her phone when she heard a big splash. She then went to the backyard and discovered him in the bottom of the pool and called police.

Paramedics attempted to revive King, but were unsuccessful.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

YouDontSay

Yikees. I thought he had turned his life around. Damn Alcohol demons. Sorry and condolences to the family.

NevadaDirtRider

Imagine that?

Truth

Once a piece a crap, always a piece a crap. Now, a dead piece of crap.

TMP

I know that he as having a really hard time lately. Every since being beaten, he'd talked about being mocked and made fun of, not being able to get stable work, trauma from the beating... he'd had it pretty rough. I hope his mind and soul are at peace and even though I'm sure they'll be negative comments galore on here, I send my thoughts and well-wishes to his family. RIP Rodney.

Here Come the Bananagans!

He drowned in the time it took her to "find her cel phone" and get outside??? Did she even try to get him out of the pool or did she stand there "waiting for paramedics to arrive"? Sounds fishy to me ...

harleyharlett

that makes no sense - i'm not a fan, but something doesn't sound right

JayTee

Obviously he was high on something. R.I.P prayers to the king family

ABB

HA! I knew it! I told my buddies about an hour ago when TMZ beat the pants out of CNN that I bet that he was high and drunk and drowned!

I said exactlyt "high and drunk"

Truth

GO FIGURE... DUDE HAD A SEIZURE FROM THE ALCOHOL AND WEED, THEN DROWNED. WHAT HAPPENS WHEN UR AN ADDICT. WOW, HE AND WHITNEY SHARE TWO THINGS IN COMMON - ADDICTION AND WATER. #TRUTH!!

Jen

The racism on here is such an ugly reminder of what happened to him in the first ****ing place. RIP Rodney.

edswoggle

It's just weed folks...at least he wasn't on Angel dust like he was when he was pulled over 20 years ago...a sober person could have drowned just the same. There is really no need for all this racism, you uppity bastards.

C-rad

Not all adding up at the moment... story needs to further develop. Bet they find out later that she is implicated somehow.

static

Where was Captain Kirk early this morning?

Brent Jorgensen

A very sad end for a very proud man of color who had faced demons that no one could have imagined. RIP Rodney.

user007

I always wear a life vest when I drink.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments