Rodney King

Friends Are Not Buying

Fiancee's Death Story

6/18/2012 5:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0617_rodney_king_tmzTwo close friends of Rodney King think his fiancée isn't telling the truth about what happened leading up to his death ... and they've voiced their suspicions to cops, TMZ has learned.

As TMZ first reported, King's fiancee, Cynthia Kelley, says she was awakened by the sound of King banging on the window of their home just after 5:00 AM on Sunday ... and then heard him fall in the pool.

But sources close to King tell TMZ they heard Kelley tell the story several times to friends ... only the story changed a little bit each time and it seemed to them that she was lying about something.

We're told two of Kelley's friends who spoke with her in the hours following King's death have gone to police and spoke to a detective. Our source says the detective took down their story and their information and said he would be in touch.

Rialto PD say so far they have discovered no signs of foul play, but they are conducting a drowning investigation and will perform an autopsy at some point.

craig

MUUUUURDERAAA,BLOOD IS ON YOUR SHOULDERRR....sounds fishy,why was the first thing she said "oh he be smokin weed an drinkin son at 5am goin for a dip"

Big D

His life style finally caught up with him

niles

Two words: bath salts.

parlayer

Yea he was worth a lot, more dead than alive?? "What broke dude is worth killing??" Especially when your a stand up guy like rodney,,

Tammy

If there was alcohol and weed before his death, they'll come up in his autopsy so I can't see why she'd say these things if she either knew he wasn't doing them or isn't sure he was. I mean, what's her plan if his blood comes up negative for alcohol and weed? I'm still reserving judgement.

Miara

The Fiance's story did not ring with "truth" the first time it was mentioned.....She will be in huge trouble. As for Rodney King - I remember the horrific beating he endured and the resulting LA riots. He definitely made a change in history and how corrupt cops abusing their power have to keep their anger and overblown egos in check.

Saints fan

If he's drunk and stoned out of his mind, foul play isn't needed. All she would have had to do is push him in the pool and let the rest take care of itself, or if he fell in do nothing. Other than proving her story is a lie, there isn't going to be much more evidence to prove foul play was involved.

Marlyn

another failure for Dr. Drew- no wonder he stopped doing the show- everybody is dying who was a resident at his rehab

Candace

Detectives know something is up. I knew that story was a little bit funky myself after I first heard it. I don't know how long it takes for someone to drown but it sure is shady. Also how the fiance quickly told media he'd been drinking and smoking all day.. Yep. To be continued...

THE-KILLUMINATED-ONE

Black Widow, she f***ed Mr. King up. R.I.P

Mikey

awakened by the sound of King banging on the window of their home just after 5:00 AM on Sunday ... and then heard him fall in the pool.

Thats when I ran out and got a life insurance policy on him.

diane

I don't have a pool. My neighbors don't have a pool.
But Rodney King has/had a pool.
NO JUSTICE NO PEACE!!!!

cjs

I posted yesterday that something was hinky about this.

SouthernGal820

I thought it sounded suspicious from the beginning. Sad

craig

RIP to TV's first reality star,may they all follow in his footsteps.