Rodney King Death

The 911 Call

6/19/2012 3:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

061912_rodney_911_audio_launch
TMZ has obtained the emotional 911 call placed by Rodney King's fiancee moments after she discovered his body at the bottom of his pool in Rialto, CA Sunday.

When asked to identify the body, his fiancee Cynthia Kelley tells the operator, "He's Rodney King. The guy that got beat by the police."

The operator asks if Kelley can go in and get King's body -- Kelley tearfully replies she can't swim. Kelley says she tried to rescue King with objects surrounding the pool -- including a shovel -- but he wasn't moving.

TMZ broke the story, Kelley told cops she heard King banging on the window around 5AM, then heard him fall in the pool. She also said he had been drinking and smoking weed soon before his death.

Right now, King's death is still being investigated as an accident -- but King's friends believe foul play was involved.

0619_rodney_king_remembering_footer

Denelle Andrea

Some of these comments are so effing ignorant. The girl said she couldn't swim, why would she jump in the pool and risk her own life too? Second, someone else said "if she can't swim why own a pool?" You stupido, obviously Rodney did know how to swim. When you are that intoxicated you can not float. Floating is all about concentration. He was under the influence of marijuana + an extreme amount of alcohol. Seriously people... if you had just found your fiancee at the bottom of the pool you would be in distress and not thinking clearly either. Unles... you did it.

iwannasay

Really the cops find this woman to be telling the truth? I read a neighbor heard King sobbing shortly before hearing the splash. So if this is true Kelly didnt make a sound to finding her man at the bottom of the pool which is strange. IDK maybe its just me but my first reaction would be to scream his name before throwing a shovel at him. Kelly sounds more like a person freaking out because they did something wrong. I need to call my mom wtf are you a 10 yr old child. God Bless you Mr King and help those who mourn your passing.

Tr0LL666

One less Ninja!

GRETA

What does she mean wake him up? Did she think he was asleep at the bottom of the pool? The police beat him up but she killed him!

looneytnzs

I cannot believe she let that man die like that. That man survived a flipping beating and and he had to die like that? She's too stupid to breathe. I think I should make that 15 minute drive to Rialto and throw her in the pool while I call 911. He made some bad choices but he didn't deserve the beating, the drowning or her. He should have known to stay away from her, she knew he was coming into money concidering she was one of his civil trial jurers. Money must have ran out. poor guy couldn't get a break. R.I.P. Rodney

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4