« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Flo Jo's Daughter

Headed to Olympic Trials

... to Sing

6/22/2012 11:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0622_flojo_daughter
Florence Griffith-Joyner's daughter is following in her mother's famous Olympic footsteps ... heading to the U.S. Track and Field trials later this month ... but the only thing she'll be running is her mouth.

Mary Joyner -- a 21-year-old aspiring singer -- recently competed on "America's Got Talent" ... and impressed some of the honchos who run the Team USA Olympic Track and Field Team.

In fact, a rep for the org. tells TMZ ... they were so blown away by her performance, they extended her an offer to sing the national anthem at the U.S Track and Field trials in Eugene, Oregon later this month.

The rep says, "It's great to see that Mary is achieving her goals and dreams just as her mother did."

In case you didn't know ... Mary's mother -- who passed away in 1998 -- won 3 Olympic gold medals in the 1988 Seoul games and was considered the fastest woman on the planet ... she holds the world record for both the 100 m and 200 m sprints.

Mary might strike gold herself ... she got 3 yes votes on "AGT," and will advance to the next round (below).

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Butters_Creamy_Goo

This will be first

FreeWill

A not related question: Why TMZ.com have not covered the news of Johnny Depp?

DaveT

She's pretty good, bet she'll do a good job on the national anthem and hit that high note just right...o'er the land of the fa-REEEEEEEEEEEEE...and hooome.....of the.....braaaaaaave

nickie101

Really good!

BonitaBeaver

Good for her, great story! She did blow the roof off on AGT

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

I saw the show and she is mediocre at best. Needs lots of training and if it wasn't for her parents and one of them dying so young no one would give her the time of day. I am so sick of Political Correctness.

Sincerity

Mary Joyner is a "gifted" singer and I wish her much success. She'll probably have numerous offers whether she wins AGT or not.

Slomoshun

Who the ufck is Flo Jo?

MikeR

Has everyone gone deaf? She's out of key and sounds so annoying. Warbling voice is rookie. I think people are such saps nowadays. Geese.

Dietrich Buxtehude

Mother probably used steroids

itsnoise

R.I.P. Flo Jo

ohboy

I guess some people are freaking tone-deaf. She is average. I don't say that to hate, I say it because anybody else with that voice would have been sent walking. She just doesn't sound great compared to most I have heard sing. Sorry, but I don't buy in to hype like most of you.

parlayer

after winning she can give the "Panther" salute

Holly

Still blows my mind that Sharon the Mouth Osbourne is paid to critique anyone and anything.....

gimmeshelter

no disrespect to FloJo's memory but, this whole show is so phony and, the girl tried to say her lifelong dream was to sing but admitted to starting to sing right before high school? she's average. just average. i fault shows like AGT for promoting this stuff.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments