Don Grady

'My Three Sons' Star

Dead at 68

6/27/2012 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0627_don_grady_01
Don Grady -- who played one of the sons on the TV classic, "My Three Sons" -- has died at the age of 68 ... this according to one of his co-stars.

"Sons" star Barry Livingston just posted on Facebook, "My dear friend and TV brother Don Grady passed away today. He was an inspiration to me in so many ways."

Grady had reportedly been suffering from cancer.

Grady was an original Mouseketeer on the "Mickey Mouse Club"  ... before going on to play the role of  Robbie Douglas on "My Three Sons" from 1960 to 1972.

Grady was also a pretty successful musician ... he's credited with writing the music for the Ellen Barkin movie "Switch" ... and the theme song for "The Phil Donahue Show."

Grady is survived by his wife Ginny and their two children.

0627_don_grady_remembering_footer_v2

parlayer

"68" years old?? that's my favorite number! "They do me and I owe them one"

bkwardstraveler

So sorry to here that, may he RIP.

Now I have the darn theme song going through my head..."doo-doo-doo-doooo...doo-doo-doo-dooo" with the tapping foot and sax image

TJ

He seemed like a truly good person. All the great people seem to be passing away. So much class in
that generation, that is no longer seen in current performers. A loss , indeed.

Kelly

Loved him - the big brother I never had. RIP Don Grady. I wonder whatever happened to his crazy real-life sister who was in Eight is Enough.

myopinion

I had a crush on him as a child....So SAD...RIP Don Grady

Prince Von A-Hole

Better hurry. Get your creeps over there to horang his family. Maybe you can get cameras inside the casket.

Where is all the unfounded speculation about cause of death.

janiebow

My first celeb crush... RIP

Grandma Cracker

Oh, so sad.....

Kabala

OMG That's awful... he seemed like a good persong actior not to mention he was HOT

Symian

68 is too young for a good man to die. It's sad that we've seen less of him over the years and far too much of talentless (and worthless) others.

sidithers

Back when sitcom actors werent annoying as hell

TJ

It puts you in mind of the days when performers had real talent and genuinely entertained the audience,as compared to the mindless trash & sludge produced by the Kardashian family and the other so called reality shows. A continuous assault to the minds of the American people.

Smokie

R.I.P. Don.

Steve

RIP Don Grady!! I remember watching "My Three Sons" when I was young.

TMZISAPIECEOFSHIT

He was a hottie until the end. RIP

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments