Don Grady

'My Three Sons' Star

Dead at 68

6/27/2012 5:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0627_don_grady_01
Don Grady -- who played one of the sons on the TV classic, "My Three Sons" -- has died at the age of 68 ... this according to one of his co-stars.

"Sons" star Barry Livingston just posted on Facebook, "My dear friend and TV brother Don Grady passed away today. He was an inspiration to me in so many ways."

Grady had reportedly been suffering from cancer.

Grady was an original Mouseketeer on the "Mickey Mouse Club"  ... before going on to play the role of  Robbie Douglas on "My Three Sons" from 1960 to 1972.

Grady was also a pretty successful musician ... he's credited with writing the music for the Ellen Barkin movie "Switch" ... and the theme song for "The Phil Donahue Show."

Grady is survived by his wife Ginny and their two children.

0627_don_grady_remembering_footer_v2

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

Gretel

I asked my mom about him and apparently she had some mad crush on him back in the day. RIP.

Lena

Loved that show when I was a little girl (somehow the 80s had lots of 50s and 60s re-runs on all day)

Hope he went peacefully. RIP Robbie

John

Don Grady was wonderful. Growing up, he and his TV family gave me a respit from my family of origin and all its disfunction. I loved watching him and have missed him ever since. Long live Don Grady.

hattie

I loved him on my three Sons and he was the best looking one.

Lynn

Don Grady was the Big Brother I wished I had .... Still do !! Rest In Pease.

Cheri Woods

So sad to hear of Don Grady's passing. His mother, Mary Grady, was my children's agent years ago. Hopefully she is still alove and well, and my condolances go out to her, first having lost her daughter and now her son.

-Cheri Woods

Author, Death Row Madam: Exposing sex and drugs in the entertainment industry

Honeybee0018

He was my favorite and He was so handsome. May he R.I.P.

ron

I remember Don on My Three Sons. That was when sitcoms were more wholesome instead of some of the garbage on these days.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5