Ann Curry

Hard Feelings

Toward Matt

6/28/2012 7:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

062812_ann_curry_matt_al_today_launch
As Ann Curry said when she said her goodbyes on "Today" ... she wears her heart on her sleeve, so she made it pretty clear there's no love lost between her and Matt Lauer.

TMZ broke the story ... when Matt renegotiated his contract recently with NBC ... he made it clear he did not want Ann as his co-anchor.

So watch the video as Matt says the obligatory nice things about Ann at the end of today's show -- she does everything she can to not look at him. Compare that to her reaction to Al Roker and Natalie Morales, both of whom she looks squarely in the eye with affection.

And then Matt goes in for the kiss and Ann refuses to turn toward him. She embraces Al -- her good friend -- and Natalie, whom she calls a sister.

No doubt Ann has hard feelings, especially since NBC strung this out for months, making her a joke.

And, by the way, it was also telling that NBC didn't have Ann pass the torch to Savannah Guthrie, who was sitting off camera.

The folks at GMA have gotta be loving this.

Prettybaby

Matt is Douchey McDoucheton! They should have fired his balding ****y @$$. Until they do, no more Today show, for me at least.

peggy

I am disapointed in the Today Show I love Ann Curry and DID love Matt, not so sure anymore. I would rather see Ann than Matt i think, she is funny when need be she is serious when need be someone will get a real professional and i will watch that channel nbc look out on this one to bad

Pat

I love Ann & think she was treated with a total lack of respect. And speaking of respect, I've just lost a LOT of respect for the Today Show, which I've watched since I was in my 20's. (I'm 75 now) Ann is a warm and caring person who is so easy to relate to. I enjoy the entire cast but think Ann was treated very badly. I resent that.

Kathleen Anderson

Where in the world is Matt Lauer.......Karma being the bitch she is hopefully, the rating will still go down and he can know what it feels like to be looking for a job.
My hope for Ann is she finds somewhere else to work for instead of for a company that has no respect for the someone who has worked for them for 15 years. The other major morning shows look like there having alot more fun, and are a whole lot more caring of each other.

r.p.

As in other industries, the big shots never seem to get who the real problem is, even though the best people come and go. I so agree with others! Matt is the problem! I will not watch anything that man is on from now on.

J Lewis

My family loves Ann! How could they do that to someone so talented . We are definitely not going to watch NBC. GMA here we come! Good Luck Ann!

Trish

She simply needs to move on and be extremely grateful for the opportunity and for the fact that she will continue to have a job and make $10 million a year. There are too many people in this country struggling without a job for her to complain about this high-paying situation.

Mel

I did not know this was the Matt Lauer show! I think his sizeable pay check went to his head. The American way...work hard and live the dream except if you are a woman. Way to go NBC!

judy nitowski

i felt that ann was very good and liked her much more than Meredith. She was real. Matt has to be an ass and the network was awful to her.
go
ann and do something spectacular, I know you can.

sunnyjazzislove

I loved the Today Show! I remained a loyal viewer through Meredith replacing Katie & always had the hugest crush on Matt, but what they did to Ann was wrong. She's been a part of the team for too long to be treated this way & I can't even sit through the new girl doing an interview. NBC-- I demand a recount!!

Gayle

I have watched the TODAY show for 20 years but have now switched to GMA. My heart goes out to Ann. Matt is a jerk through and through.

kathleen cooney

does anyone remeber Ann Curry sommentsabout Osama Bendaden wife Amal "After 10 years of marriage, Amal was known to be devoted to him...and she was much like him:simple,,pius, not interested in luxuries like his other four wives. And it appears she lived his life on the run" Did noone see this when she said it last year?

Rebecca

Matt Lauer may be arrogant but his talent and chops speak for themselves. He has wonderful cohosts beside him and they blended beautifully and are missed. I stopped watching the show the day Meredith Viera left because I always found Ann Curry annoying and her voice like chalk on a chalkboard. Maybe Matt did too?!!

Rebecca

MARIE

Unfortunately, the last anchor on the TODAY show with any journalistic integrity is on the losing end of NBC's corporate blame game, pointing the finger at her for their rating downfall. Their top anchor, who has hundreds of thousands LESS Facebook fans than Ann does, is arrogant and increasingly irrelevant. NBC should wake up to the fact that the TODAY show has gone the way of celebrity gosssip and hollywood happenings, and that no one cares where in the world Matt Lauer is. That is the reason for their downfall, as well as why Ann was not a good fit. She's a much better fit for Dateline.