Mel Gibson's Step-Mom

Wants Restraining Order

Mel's TERRORIZING Me!

7/2/2012 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_mel_gibson_01
Mel Gibson THREATENED his own 78-year-old step-mom ... SPIT IN HER FACE ... and sabotaged her marriage ... this according to legal docs filed by the woman and obtained by TMZ.

Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married Mel's father Hutton Gibson in 2001 -- has filed for a restraining order against Mel ... claiming he exploded on her several times and now she fears for her safety.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister Maura hate her guts ... because she doesn't approve of the controversial medical treatments they've been pressuring Hutton to undergo to treat his various ailments.

In the docs, filed by attorney Brian J. Kramer, Joye describes several outbursts in detail:

October 2011 -- Mel screams at Joye because Joye does not approve of "experimental Ozone treatments" Hutton was undergoing for an undisclosed illness.

"Mel began yelling and saying, 'f*ck this and f*ck that' while leveling other extremely offensive language at me."

Joye claims Mel warned her "not to f*ck with [Hutton's] treatments in any way."

January 2012 -- While visiting Hutton in the hospital, Joye claims she said something that set Mel off ... and "Mel got up, looking wild and began yelling at me in a very loud and terrifying voice."

"Mel was so upset and screaming so fiercely that I could see his face turn red."

March 2012 -- Joye, along with Mel and his sister Maura, accompanied Hutton to Panama for stem cell treatment for his hip.

Mel was cooking food and offered some to Joye ... but she declined due to a stomach ache.

Joye claims, "Mel looked at me in disgust and said that I was insulting him by not eating. He then threatened that if I did not eat he would have me put outside."

May 2012 -- During a family meeting to discuss Hutton's health care, "Mel became incensed and began acting like a wild man."

Joye claims Mel began screaming right in her face ... noting, "He was so close that I could feel his spit hitting my face."

She claims Mel's eyes "looked as if they were bulging out of his head."

Joye claims she was paralyzed with fear and later vomited because of the incident.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister MUST have manipulated their ailing father into filing for divorce ... because Hutton is a devout Catholic and doesn't believe in divorce.  Plus, she claims Hutton recently penned her a love note claiming, "Our mutual love is permanent."

Joye claims Mel is even trying to force her out of her home ... because it's owned by a charity that Mel controls. Joye says she has no place else to go.

Joye wants a judge to block Mel from booting her from the home ... and prevent him from interfering with her attempts to communicate with her husband.

She also wants Mel to stay 100 yards away from her at all times.

Moments ago, a California judge decided, rather than issuing a temporary restraining order, to set the matter for a full hearing ... which has been scheduled for next month.

No immediate comment from Mel's rep.

craig

Mel your a sick bastard,you can write a book about all your incidents...and recording so ya cant play mr nice guy.Oh and I am also a jew,does that piss ya off a lil more clown

Majestik

I'm curious. How come back in January when Mel was being vilified on TMZ thanks to Joe Ezsterdouche didn't a "SOURCE" from the hospital call in for a paycheck from TMZ about the big huge fight in the hospital. I wonder if she's got a few DISGRUNTLED employees fired in the last three to four months tightly in her pocket.

Majestik

LMFAO...I just read the May 2012 write up. She's read all crap that Oxykaka told the press. I'm sorry, but she's just about repeating what Kaka said especially about the so close I could feel the spittle. As for the house, it's NOT YOURS, it's owned by a charity which means you have NO RIGHT to live there if it's deemed you must go.

fuddyduddy

Mel is no different than any other son looking after their dad. I can also understand the divide regarding Hutton's medical treatment. I'm sure Mel wants the best available care for his dad. Had to laugh at Mel's face getting red when he was mad. Tell me how that would be unlawful? I not only get red faced when I am mad, but my nostrils flare...so I have been told!

Frieda

What a cow - she was trying to kill Hutton and Mel wouldn't allow it. Another lying golddigger FAIL

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Damn! It's almost a party here! Nice to see everyone. *waving wildly* Hi!

kkg

Talk about ironic. Mr. Gibson's stepmother wants to accelerate his father's death because it's 'what his father wants' (Surprise! What he really wanted was a divorce) and she also expects him (MG) to pay for the house she's living in. Presumably from the charity set up under her husband's dead wife's name. Oh, and an order to keep MG 100 feet away from her and presumably the house too. Why? Because he yelled at her several times, turned red once and got so close some of his saliva landed on her. And she has an owie tummy too. :o(

That makes him a jerk, not a danger. What's next? The failed CD or the undersold ebook?

Kathleen

OooooNooo!

Wouldn't it be a kick to see Mel guest on Charlie Sheens new show Anger Management?

Louise

I always tell people they can always believe what TMZ reports and if you're wrong, you'll correct it. I tell them you don't stoop to tactics like taking things out of context and twisting things around for effect. So I'm really disappointed that you said at the beginning of this article that Mel "SPIT IN HER FACE" - a very misleading statement. I read the whole article - it wasn't as I and probably everyone else pictured it. Shame one you!!!! :(

Majestik

Is it possible for Mel to file for a conservatorship for his Dad? I'm surprised he didn't file something when she wanted to refuse all medical treatment for Hutton. If Hutton doesn't have a DNR in place they have to continue treatment. Assisted Suicide is against the law so whether she likes it or not and if Mel is paying the bills, the meds stay. I'm also curious, how come there is no established home for Her and Hutton, did they not own property or did he have a pre-nup in place when they got married and she can't touch what he had before they married?

luvbritsbev

Hahahahaha!! We all seem to think money can buy happiness!! Smile MEL!!!

Woot

I dare say, it's highly believable that Mel has screamed loudly and obscenely at anyone and I don't put it above him to attack his own family members. He's a PIG and should be medicated and supervised for the rest of his sorry life.

kkg

So, where is her family in all of this? Why is she being left dependant upon the charity of people who she claims 'hate her guts'? And if she has nowhere else to go, why did Hutton Gibson file for spousal support? And what was Mel Gibson cooking that gave her the owie tummy? Is he really that bad a cook?

And what about the love note Hutton Gibson wrote Teddy Joye Gibson? Do you think they have a 'rear' love too? Probably not. He doesn't strike me as the romantic type. "Our mutual love is permanent." Like a marker. Or a stain. Or my school record. Sigh. Those were the days.

Kathleen

KT

Oh, Joe, honey, you only wish you could be a fraction as handsome as Mel Gibson. Even his sideburns and neck hair is sexy. Love that Mel !

wakeupamerica

"because she doesn't approve of the controversial medical treatments they've been pressuring Hutton to undergo to treat his various ailments" She sounds more like a leach!!!