Mel Gibson's Step-Mom

Wants Restraining Order

Mel's TERRORIZING Me!

7/2/2012 10:59 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0702_mel_gibson_01
Mel Gibson THREATENED his own 78-year-old step-mom ... SPIT IN HER FACE ... and sabotaged her marriage ... this according to legal docs filed by the woman and obtained by TMZ.

Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married Mel's father Hutton Gibson in 2001 -- has filed for a restraining order against Mel ... claiming he exploded on her several times and now she fears for her safety.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister Maura hate her guts ... because she doesn't approve of the controversial medical treatments they've been pressuring Hutton to undergo to treat his various ailments.

In the docs, filed by attorney Brian J. Kramer, Joye describes several outbursts in detail:

October 2011 -- Mel screams at Joye because Joye does not approve of "experimental Ozone treatments" Hutton was undergoing for an undisclosed illness.

"Mel began yelling and saying, 'f*ck this and f*ck that' while leveling other extremely offensive language at me."

Joye claims Mel warned her "not to f*ck with [Hutton's] treatments in any way."

January 2012 -- While visiting Hutton in the hospital, Joye claims she said something that set Mel off ... and "Mel got up, looking wild and began yelling at me in a very loud and terrifying voice."

"Mel was so upset and screaming so fiercely that I could see his face turn red."

March 2012 -- Joye, along with Mel and his sister Maura, accompanied Hutton to Panama for stem cell treatment for his hip.

Mel was cooking food and offered some to Joye ... but she declined due to a stomach ache.

Joye claims, "Mel looked at me in disgust and said that I was insulting him by not eating. He then threatened that if I did not eat he would have me put outside."

May 2012 -- During a family meeting to discuss Hutton's health care, "Mel became incensed and began acting like a wild man."

Joye claims Mel began screaming right in her face ... noting, "He was so close that I could feel his spit hitting my face."

She claims Mel's eyes "looked as if they were bulging out of his head."

Joye claims she was paralyzed with fear and later vomited because of the incident.

In the docs, Joye claims Mel and his sister MUST have manipulated their ailing father into filing for divorce ... because Hutton is a devout Catholic and doesn't believe in divorce.  Plus, she claims Hutton recently penned her a love note claiming, "Our mutual love is permanent."

Joye claims Mel is even trying to force her out of her home ... because it's owned by a charity that Mel controls. Joye says she has no place else to go.

Joye wants a judge to block Mel from booting her from the home ... and prevent him from interfering with her attempts to communicate with her husband.

She also wants Mel to stay 100 yards away from her at all times.

Moments ago, a California judge decided, rather than issuing a temporary restraining order, to set the matter for a full hearing ... which has been scheduled for next month.

No immediate comment from Mel's rep.

buzz kill

You tell the bit*h Mel, take care of the old man and send her packing.

Jim

Doesn't this bitch know the cardinal rule? YOU DON'T **** WITH MEL GIBSON'S FAMILY!

If his film career has taught us one thing, it's THAT!

Mikey

This man is a full blown out of control alcoholic and will eventually get into serious trouble his money will not be able to get him out of.

mark

Very one sided reporting-shocking. Truth is probably in the amount of taunting and interferance on the stepmothers behalf.

Stewart

I think Mel is over due to an intervention. Of course, this is only one side of the story too.

danny lupo

This sounds like amoney issue to me,besides from the fact that Mel is a Putz !!!!

Reno

Pure Drama

JOAN

Why is he terrorzing you ? Are you terrorizing his Father!

MyPrettyWings

Mel is still at it, I see.

TheUltraworld

She still cashes his checks every month & lives in the house he bought her & the car & the furniture. Maybe she wants more money.

kkg

Cujeaux,

You're so funny. And not in a good way. I'll admit to chastising you and others for hypocrisy and a general lack of respect for people of all ages. I'd like to see a post where I chastised anyone for not showing reverence for their elders. I stood up for Ms Kelly 82 because I enjoy her personality. You and others made it about her age. Not me.

Regarding Teddy Joye Gibson, I'm guilty of mocking her upset stomach, opportunism, greed and insensitivity to her husband's family. And especially her desire to expedite her husband's death. But I never mocked her age. Post one comment where I refer to her age. I also mocked Mr. Gibson and his father in that post. Funny. You must have skimmed over that part.

You're the bully. Not because of whom you side with, but because of the words and tactics you use in an attempt to diminish others. A bully and a bore.

Kathleen

Cujeaux

This might be a violation of Gibby's probation flock. Le snicker!

mark

As I said on a previous post which was'nt approved, Maybe the truth to this very one sided report lies with the amount of taunting and interferance on behalf of the Stepmother.

Bunny that earns scooby snacks!

Hey Nellie: did you feed your cat to your sister Blanche as her last meal?

realist

As I see it, once the dissolution was filed, Teddy Joye's ability and legal right to determine the extent of treatment for Hudson is questionable.

If Hutton was able to sign a disso petition, who's to say that he couldn't also have signed a Living Will or an Advanced Health Care Directive. These are things we don't know at this point.

This TRO is a civil matter, and as such does not constitute a violation of Mel's "Summary Probation". Also, if it was that serious, the judge would have issued the TRO right then and there. The fact that it has been put over for a hearing, tells me that the application is questionable, and the situation certainly does not warrant legal and immediate intervention.