Andy Griffith Death Certificate

Actor Suffered Heart Attack

7/5/2012 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0705_andy_griffith_article
Andy Griffith passed away from a heart attack he suffered roughly 24 hours before his death ... so says the actor's death certificate.

According to the document, filed in Dare County, North Carolina and obtained by the AP, the 86-year-old Hollywood legend died Tuesday at 7:00 AM.

The document shows Griffith suffered a variety of illnesses for years ... including coronary artery disease, hypertension and hyperlipidemia.

As we previously reported, Griffith was buried in his family cemetery in N.C. just hours after he passed away.

0705_remembering_andy_griffith_footer

Miz Val

The term hyperlipidemia means high lipid levels. Hyperlipidemia includes several conditions, but it usually means that you have high cholesterol and high triglyceride levels.

badass

he was, I know for a fact, an old pervert who abused young stars, girls and boys, on the old sets.

Rob

To all the people who have rude comments I have something to say to you GROW UP and SHUT UP if you do not have anything Nice to say don't say nothing at all .

Oh well

NOT TRUE GP AND BADASS!!!

Early in the second season of "The Andy Griffith Show," I ventured a suggestion for a line change to make it sound more "like the way a kid would say it."

I was just 7 years old. But my idea was accepted and I remember standing frozen, thrilled at what this moment represented to me.

Andy asked me, "What you grinnin' at, youngin'?" I said it was the first idea of mine they'd ever said yes to. Without a pause, Andy responded for all to hear: "It was the first idea that was any damn good. Now let's do the scene."

PHOTOS: Life in pictures | Celebrities react | Notable deaths

That inclusiveness that allowed a child to truly be a part of something as unique and memorable as"The Andy Griffith Show"is something I will forever be grateful for.

Andy Griffith entertained us for decades on stage, via our radios, sound systems, TVs and up there on the silver screen. Comedy, drama or music, he brought his love of performing to each creative undertaking.

He was known for ending shows by looking at the audience and saying "I appreciate it, and good night." Perhaps the greatest enduring lesson I learned from eight seasons playing Andy's son Opie on the show was that he truly understood the meaning of those words, and he meant them, and there was value in that.

PHOTOS: Life in pictures | Celebrities react | Notable deaths

Respect. At every turn he demonstrated his honest respect for people and he never seemed to expect theirs in return, but wanted to earn it.

He taught me a great deal through the examples he set and the approach to our work on the set. I learned about comedic timing, paying off characters in the third act of a story line, and the equal values of both focused rehearsal and, at particular moments, of total chaotic spontaneity.

I saw him lobby against jokes that were admittedly funny but that were at the expense of and undercut the long-term reliability of a character

andyboxsocial

Hey TMZ, can you get a hold of the 911 call for us? You're usually way more on-the-ball with the "poking our noses into deep personal pain" thing.

kim

:-(... LOVE YOU...

kyrani99

Heart attack is not a simple matter and can be the result of foul play see here http://kyrani99.wordpress.com/2012/02/09/heart-disease-the-games-get-more-serious-deadly/ and the next four posts.

Hope he didn't suffer though. RIP Andy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2