Usher's Stepson

Investigation Into Accident Underway

7/8/2012 8:32 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0708_usher_tameka_tmz_getty
The Department of Natural Resource in Atlanta is investigating the accident that left Kyle Glover, stepson of R&B star Usher in critical condition ... an investigation which could take months to complete.

As TMZ first reported, the 11-year-old was struck in the head by a jet ski while riding in an inner tube on Lake Lanier. He was rushed to a nearby hospital and remains there in critical condition.

Robin Hill, a rep for the Department of Natural Resources (Wildlife Resources Division), tells TMZ the department's Critical Incident Response Team will recreate the accident on the lake to help determine what happened. Using special computer programs, they will attempt to figure out how fast the boats were going at the time of the accident.

Hill says that rangers have been in touch with the driver of the jet ski and remain in contact with him. Once the department completes their investigation, they will turn their recommendation over to the district attorney who would then decide whether or not to file charges.

Plumeria

Last summer, 11 people died on Lake Lanier.

It's a dangerous place.

VictoriaGirl

This child was left brain dead and will likely die, there damn well better be charges filed against the idiot jet skier. If the jetskier is not charged then the DA should lose his or her job.

Tarah

When towing anything or anybody behind a boat.. YOU NEED a Spotter..... do the speed limits.. and other boaters should know enough to stay well behind and off to the side.... Neon life jackets work well too. im not sure why they are mostly blue... sad day for everyone involved.

Armando Rositas

So tragic is a lost life, and tragic that this person who struck Kyle will live with forever. I know that feeling after nearly striking a young boy myself with my boat after he was thrown into the water in a jet ski collision leaving one dismembered. Visit www.swimmingbuddy.com folks and see what I designed to make those in the water more visisble to water craft operators, accidents may be prevented with more VISIBILITY.

lashonda joyner

My prayers go out to you and your families, This is tragic and I'm sorry that this happened the way it did. May God give you the strength to handle any situations that may come your way, but I'm gonna pray for you now... Dear Heavenly Father we come to you as humble as we know how, Lord forgive us from all or sins, the ones seen and unseen the ones heard and unheard, Lord I ask that you extend out your healing hands and touch The Boy that's in the hospital, Lord we all know what the doctors are saying Lord But I know you have the last say so. Lord I ask that you give the families traveling mercy as they depart to and from their homes and hospital to be with they love one Lord, Lord I ask that you step in the mist of everything and show up and let them know you are there and who don't believe in you That they drop down to they knees and start praying to you Lord cause without you in our lives nothing is possible. Lord you are our breathe, strength, protector, redeemer, provider, and healer and Lord we Gonna Thank You in advance for all that your about to do But we also ask Lord that thy will be done not ours in Jesus precious name I pray Amen Amen Amen.

Rachel English

Sad, I'm praying God will touch him to make him alright. It's not over until God says it's over. God give his family strength

Michelle

jan

I'M SORRY FOR WHAT HAPPEN AS ACCIDENTS , & WORSE HAPPENS MAY GOD AT THIS TIME BE WITH THE FAMILY HE WILL SEE THIS THROUGH

Shonta

hello my heart thoughts and prayers go out to the family I have kids to so it is very touching and emotional to me. But know that God has all things in control and he is able be encouraged and I am praying for you all be bless

Esther Morales

Please kno wthat your whole will be in my prayers. I also lost my son and know what is like loosing someone you care for.

rebekcah

hmmm,that is odd,I keep havin dreams about this acccident,I feel that this was not un accident,pray to God,if it was not,they find what went wrong,and justice will prevail.God Bless them for their lost.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3