Savannah Guthrie

Officially Co-Anchor,

Lauer Gets Anchor Wood

7/9/2012 5:55 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0709_today
Call it morning (show) wood ... but Matt Lauer was SOOOO excited about introducing Savannah Guthrie as his new "Today" show co-anchor ... he could barely sit still.

With a giant "Thank god Ann Curry's finally gone" smile on his face ... Lauer said he was "pleased to be sharing this new day" with Guthrie ... noting, "We're all very happy" about the change.

Guthrie said it's "an honor" to be sitting next to Lauer.

Just don't piss him off.

Q

why does this balding philanderer keep getting contract renewals and huge raises from NBC? Are they becoming tone deaf over there? People hate this man and ultimately will turn off the show---a 17 million a year raise just doest sit well with the Public Matt---nor you discarding a real journalist for a known bed hopper. Could you imagine having to be a child of this man and carrying that last name in public? Poor kids.

Kelly

They act like lovers.

Susan62509

Ugh, look at the sleezy look on his face. He's already drooling on himself.

sassay2002

I don't like Matt anymore. Will switch to ABC. I think what they did to Ann, was just wrong. I don't like Savannah either. I don't think they can or should blame low ratings on one person. And when she left, where was her bouquet of flowers, AT LEAST! Matt was so phony that day, it was disgusting.

Jenn

God knows Savannah slept with Matt to get this job *eye rolls*

The Truth Hurts

What a douche bag!!!. Long give "Good Morning America" and the fail of the "Today Show"

The Truth Hurts

What a douche bag!!!. Long give "Good Morning America" amd the fail of the "Today Show"

Sashatree

Matt Lauer is the reason the show's ratings have tanked. People realize that he's a conceited, arrogant, mysogynist who steps over anyone he pleases. I stopped watching after they fired Ann Curry -- after more than 30 years of watching. Sorry...enough with watching woman after woman be axed to keep their little cry baby Matt happy. I'll have no part in it any longer!

JoeFrancis

Like i said before, if you're going to continue watching the today show DVR/RECORD it and watch GMA LIVE then go back and watch the today show skipping all commercials.

Maybe matt will call TMZ to ban me from posting here to solve the continuing ratings decline of HIS show.

Meli

Did anyone else catch Samantha's mess up in calling Pink's baby a little guy??? Umm, she has a little girl!

Lora Leigh

They having an affair....LOL

Regina

Matt Lauer is a prime grade a Azz hole. I NEVER liked him, always thought he was conceited and creepy. He probably has the biggest boner in all broadcasting now that a younger woman is with him.
I liked Ann Curry. Sorry to see her go.

Bicky

Really tired of seeing Matt Lauer as well. Time to can him as well. give the job to Al Rooker...now he's got the personality for being an anchor. I dont know what you ppl see in Matt. Never liked him since day one..hes a fake.

jen

hey matt, U R A DIC

bebe

We watched Today show this morning for 5 minutes. My hubby doesn't like Savannah Gurthrie. He said that she has scary looking fangs! The intro was icky and cringe worthy. He switched the channel to ABC and then to CBS. He likes Robbin Roberts. He likes Gayle King and Charlie Rose too. I guess we won't be watching Today anymore. This is fine with me as I don't like Savannah Gurthrie stealing Anne Kornblut's husband. We missed Ann Curry a lot. She is so much warmer and livelier in personality. We missed her big smile that warms the heart.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments