Jennifer Lopez

I'm Quitting 'Idol' Too

'The Time Has Come'

7/13/2012 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
breaking news

0713_jlo_audio_launch2
Jennifer Lopez just announced ... she will NOT be returning to "American Idol" next season.

JLo called in to Ryan Seacrest this morning, saying, "I honestly feel like the time has come that I have to get back to doing the other things that I do."

She said, "Something has to give" ... adding, "We had an amazing run."

Lopez made the announcement a day after Steven Tyler bailed from the show. And there is a strong buzz that Randy Jackson may not be coming back either, leaving Ryan Seacrest the last man standing on the show, which has lost a third of its ratings in the last year.

Obviously, producers now have to make a decision that will make or break the show.
 0713_jennifer_lopez_idol_footer_v2

Johnny Carcinoma

Season one was fine, but this show jumped the shark shortly thereafter.

Good riddance to this fat ass who couldn't sing her way out of paper bag.

imdabest1

HEY RYAN!! I'll be a judge! My singing ability is just as talentless as JLo's!!!!

hierodule

They were both useless on the show. Tyler came across as nothing more than an old perv and Lopez.....well, it is all about her .

Taterbug1962

Seriously, who cares? They should change judges every season. There's enough entertainers out there to judge these karaoke singers on any given day. Just because they can sing in tune doesn't prove talent to me. If you want talent go look on YouTube!

donald

they should have got rid of all three before the last season and Ryan also and especially Jimmie.

Calliope54

I think it's time to pull the plug on "American Idol." These singing / talent shows are sooooo worn out. Reality shows in general are a bore. C'mon, I know they are cheaper to produce than a series with actors, but puh-LEEZE put something on network television that is worth watching. Does EVERY good show have to be on cable? And no, I'm not talking about the crap that goes on TLC and Bravo.

mccann25

If they have Adam Lambert as a judge, I will never watch the show ever again. Adam is a freak and a fruitcake, I saw him sing one day on tv, and OMG, what a bunch of noise. Adam Lambert is not the caliber that a judge needs to be. It takes many years of touring to get a grasp on observing talent. Lambert judging would be like me graduating from a university, and the next day being an instructor at that very same university.

jokerchick

hmm, let's see - one has talent and the other blew and ****** her way into a "career" (still trying to figure out what she doesn't suck at)

Kat

Good Run? what a whole 2 yrs? she was on to promote herself, she did. shes gone.

ed

After Idol made them revelant again, then they abandon ship....LOL. It won't take them long to become irrevelant again.

jackied

No big loss!

ed

Idol made them revelant again, and they leave. LOL , lets see how long before they are irrevelant again.

Rosalyn

Great two has beens have quit. Time for that fat, ugly dog Randy to leave. He is a waste anyway. No talent and brings nothing to the AI show. It's time for AI to retie also. Too many of these worthless shows on TV anyway. How can anyone watch this crap?

dini

now i will watch the show again...hope they can find like Simon...

Dennis Johnson

Saints just signed Drew Breese to a 5 year 100 million dollar contract.............GO SAINTS!!!!!!!!!