Sage Stallone

Dead for at Least

Three Days

7/14/2012 12:41 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF
EXCLUSIVE

0713_sage_Stallone_article_2Sage Stallone was dead in his room for a minimum of 3-4 days and possibly as long as a week ... this according to law enforcement sources connected with the case.

Our sources tell TMZ ... Sage "lived like Howard Hughes" ... he often spent days in his room which was "littered with junk," including an enormous number of cigarette butts, beer and soda cans, and food.

We're told there were two drawers filled with various pill bottles, some of which were "huge."

Our sources say Sage was living like a hermit ... no one had spoken with him since a week ago Friday. Although the housekeeper had been there earlier this week, she had specific ongoing instructions never to enter Sage's room. In fact, we're told the housekeeper was told to never even knock at the door.

One law enforcement source called the room "disgusting," saying it reeked of various smells.

We're told Sage's mother called the housekeeper yesterday after being unable to reach him, asking her to stop by and check on him. That's when she discovered the body.

Law enforcement sources tell us it's pretty clear from the evidence they saw ... Sage's death was an accident.

0713_sage_stallone_remembering_footer

Melinda

Melinda

Jen

That is heart breaking.

nof

How this will change Sly and the Stallones:

1. Sly will no longer believe anything anyone tells him ...no matter how seemingly_credible the source.

2. Sly won't accept anyone's word on anything.

3. Sly won't allow people to alter his thinking or "help" him to any kind of conclusion.

4. Sly'll check every source thorougly from this point forward no matter what.

My own experience with the same exact thing:

Turned me into a journalist -

That was both the blessing/curse -

Of believing my own kid brother was "fine, just fine."

Don't beat yourself up, dude.

Get to Acceptance as quickly as possible.

Don't become enraged with those who thought they were protecting Sage -

Finally - a chance to give-back and to Sly Stallone - my all-time hero/role model.

Chaps

"Various smells" prolly detected from a block away.

♥TMZ but ...

the rich and famous have access to too much ... so sad

nof

Last of it before I go into re-mourning:

"The Lessons of Franky K."

"Might his own death someday have significance."

"Might his own death one day help those who have helped me."

The lessons of the Sage, Franky - and the Potomac Plane Crash:

"THIS person forgetting/neglecting to tell THAT person THIS."

Gretel

That is so, so sad. If this is what fame and fortune gets you I'm glad I'm just plain old me.

Chaps

He lived like Howard Hughes but without the money, the women or the companies.

boatrgirl

I bet 1/2 the people on this website live like this. LMAO

sugarplumm

Im a huge fan of Stallone, my heart goes out to him. Losing a child no matter what the cir***stance is. My prayers are with Sly and his family at this hard time.

the original bellaluna

I don't care who you are, how much money you have, or under what cir***stances you died: To die alone (Sage, Casey, Amy, to name a few recent examples) is a sad, sad thing.

fonzie

What more pathetic is you can't write the word, "cir***stantial" without it being censored.

DaveT

Really sad news, feel bad for his mom and dad, siblings/step and any other family, life's a rough ride, wish them all well to pull through

Sonja

Accident? In a room? Did he accidentally eat too many pills, did he accidentally eat old rotten pizza, did a pile of junk accidentally fall and crush him? He died from drug abuse if not an outright OD most likely.. let's stop with the 'accident' and "pneumonia' nonsense with these drug related deaths.